Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball a sport

lucither

Nov 16, 2008
I just have to throw this out into cyberspace here.
do we want paintball to be promoted as a sport?
now think about this what type of people will be attracted? right now the paintball community contains good people that take the effort for the activity, present it to the larger audience and then think what would happen
I dont think I could live with the brand 'paintball hooligan'
if it were to be developed into a international sport we have to be careful in what manner we wish it to be presented.
true almost every sport has its good and bad's but paintball has separated the chavs and idiots into the punter days where they can stay, however it does allow for people with the right attitude and to be able to find the secret organization (a bit like a paintball stone mason)
I am all for paintball to be expanded but I reckon we have control this very carefully.

Xmini-ballerX

London Tigers & Team GB
Nov 15, 2008
:mad::mad:in the oliymipics of greece in athens paintball was one vote off being in there as the alternitive sport, snowborading got picked over us

karseras69

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Canterbury, Kent
:mad::mad:in the oliymipics of greece in athens paintball was one vote off being in there as the alternitive sport, snowborading got picked over us
sorry thats not ever remotely true. I heard that for the 2004 olympics that paintball was only off by a few votes and then again for the 2008. It is a topical lie around the time of the olympics.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
sorry thats not ever remotely true. I heard that for the 2004 olympics that paintball was only off by a few votes and then again for the 2008. It is a topical lie around the time of the olympics.
Plus snowboarding is a winter olympic event, so Salt Lake city 2002, Turin 2006 if my memory is right (probably not)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I just have to throw this out into cyberspace here.
do we want paintball to be promoted as a sport?
now think about this what type of people will be attracted? right now the paintball community contains good people that take the effort for the activity, present it to the larger audience and then think what would happen
I dont think I could live with the brand 'paintball hooligan'
if it were to be developed into a international sport we have to be careful in what manner we wish it to be presented.
true almost every sport has its good and bad's but paintball has separated the chavs and idiots into the punter days where they can stay, however it does allow for people with the right attitude and to be able to find the secret organization (a bit like a paintball stone mason)
I am all for paintball to be expanded but I reckon we have control this very carefully.

lucither: Whatever you took before writing this post, I want some !

Xmini-Baller: If you go buy and buy a telescope, wait for a really dark night and look up into the heavens and see if you can spot planet Earth ...we look a kinda bluey white from a distance.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Xmini-Baller: If you go buy and buy a telescope, wait for a really dark night and look up into the heavens and see if you can spot planet Earth ...we look a kinda bluey white from a distance.
You have a way of being subtle in such an unsubtle way.:)