Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Its the right time for me to leave ......

GODDY

?
Oct 2, 2006
staffs
good luck chris in whatever you choose to do,as one of the best player this country has produced you always had time for the average player with help or advise you will be sadly missed.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Well played Chris, has been good to have you in British paintball for as long as I can remember. Always someone Ive looked up to as a player, and always someone Ive enjoyed playing against from time to time.

Take it easy and stay safe on your travels!

bobby boy

Sep 29, 2003
messingham
thanks for looking after George Bruton

Chris, i would just like to say thank you for looking after George and getting up very early on many occasions to coach george when he played with Shock 2 through out this year and bringing george to a better standard of player.
Where ever you go in this world may God go with you and not my 8" adjustable please return thanks Bob Bruton good luck

formely known as size6feet

Captain Team Venom
Jul 2, 2009
Walsall
chris
good luck mate with the future after all the years after first meeting you at koohdoow with the man lions, to being on the same team at the hyperball world chamionships/npps with the firm(you being on sportsunlimited being mullered in the diamond by the banzais)to meeting you again at campaign 02 when i came back playing to that time you and some ringers helped team spank out at the masters in lincoln i thank you
you have been a great ambassador for british paintball enjoy the rest and the body healing
regards
neill

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
When I created Nexus, and certainly prior to any of the national trials we did, I had an idea of the spine of the team, in terms of its players.
The original Nexus team was actually the UK national team that was to play in Pittsburgh in the inaugurate World XBall finals.
I kept the team together after those finals to form a new UK team with a view to try and compete with the Yanks.

The players who were to make up that spine were Chrissy Edwards, Nicky T, Ledz [who was always gonna be the captain] and lastly, and most definitely not least, Mark Toye.

These guys still had to jump thru the qualification hoops of the Nexus National trials but I was confident they were all gonna sail thru them.

And that's exactly what they did - I had seen Chrissy play many times beforehand and he played very similar in style to Matty Schmiddt, another talented player [Actually, I had earmarked Matty to play for the Nexus but unfortunately politics, shall we say, kept him out].

I think Chris will be the first to tell ya, he was sometimes difficult to coach and on reflection, I don't think he was being a dikk but his playing style was already so ingrained, he was always gonna find it difficult to adapt to what I wanted.

Even so, Chris was a fackin good player and on his day, was one of the best in the world; if I had maybe been a better coach, I mighta made his play consistent, and consequently, he woulda been one of the best players in the world.

I dunno for sure on that one, all I know is this, he was, and is, an exceptional talent and I was lucky to be able to work with him and of course the others on that original Nexus team who all have a place in my paintball heart [except one].
Good luck in everything you do Chris ....