Junior Saturday CPPS events

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
know what you mean rich

but they are know running on the saturday before an event

just to throw one in how about doing a woodsball tournie for the newbies

most of the guys i play with broke their teeth this way and are now in the top 10 m5 division

most have only played 2 or 3 events and are giving teams the likes of the firm and the smoking aces a run for their money

talk to bully this just shows that woodsball tournie,s are a good feeder to sup-air

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
Id prefer to leave the woods ball events to Bully and co. We have a basic structure in place that we have been working on since last year.

We wanna run an intro section on the sat as we dont have room for it on the sunday, and we can make it a better price by doing it this way. It has nothing to do with what the other events are doing, its just that how they have chosen to do it. With all the various practice sessions/clinics etc we have planed time is a very valuable resource that we have to use well so we can keep prices low for you guys.

bygrave90

mechablue
Aug 23, 2008
oswestry
www.lampeter-karma.co.uk
great idea, our team has some players new to the game, whilst being around 17 are kinda finding it hard to keep up with the more experienced players, so this could be a brilliant way to get them enjoying the game whilst playing other teams at there own level.

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Exactly the point. Some can cope being thrown in deep end but its not always the best way. We would also look to run our sat BBQ's after this for the social side as well which everyone is always welcome to come and bring there own food to chuck on it. Makes it a more enjoyable event all round

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
Would there be a limit on how long you could play those days for? I can see teams that really work hard getting too good for some of the youngsters who are just there for a laugh.
I'm not sure how you'd do it but you could maybe limit the number of times you can play those days or just have the marshals keep an eye out for those teams that are ready for the big(ger) leagues.

Alex RK

Alex the kid
Aug 5, 2007
As always Rich and team are leading the way, I would be happy to come and help out on the days if needed and people are camping. Got a couple of people from Leicester uni who might be interested so I will point them in the direction of this thread.

Again CPPS is the place to be what next will he think of.........................?

Al
Rebellion

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
The basics of it would be players can only play if they have not played more than 2 tournamnets and at the lowest level possible. Also once they have played 2 events or more they would be shepperded into the CPPS conference and assisted in there for there first event.

Im still working on the exact particulars but we would also look at scratch teams as we know alot of guys that want in on the tourney scene but cant get a team together.

With all the feedback and various chats ive had with people we will look to get something formalised for round 2 on April the 11th so an announcement on details will be up next week.

Its not an original idea so i cant take credit for it. I see it more as an amalgamation of ideas that may work and giving it the CPPS kiss.