Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just Getting Into Paintball...

Hovis

Oct 17, 2006
Hi lads, I'm just starting paintballing, got a nice slightly upped ion, upped trigger, Q-Lock feedneck, and some new eyes.
Can you recommend a hopper to get for it?
I'm thinking pretty cheap, only want a standard one that can keep up with my gun, and I need some air too and some pots.

Also does anyone have advice they'd give to a new player?
I've played punter balling a fair few times and I'm alright at that, but I'm guessing thats totally different to tournies, any advice would be appriciated :)

Thanks

Dave

Oli_2k6

Oct 8, 2006
revvy or evolution II

hey mate id recommend a revvy or evolution II hopper! both made by viewloader! i use a revvy on my ion and i find its ok, but im not that fast a shooter!;)

FatTart

Merr
Dec 18, 2005
Visit site
Try to pick up a better hopper than an egg/revvy tbh :p take a look through the classifieds. I'm not slating eggs revvy's etc but if you do go on to play more and more paintball you'll want a faster hopper.
Easier to spend the money now rather than buy one of the above and then having to buy another after it. Maybe possibly could work out well :p
Fatty o/

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
If your looking for a cheap hopper, would go for an egg. Can pick one up secondhand for like £25 and it'll do 15bps which is all you'll need for most tourneys as generally they're capped at that anyway.

HTH

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
i would splash out slightly - if your hopper runs out of batteries you will want something with a ripdrive - get a halo or something similar.

JoeJr

Feb 15, 2006
Birmingham
eggs - around 15 bps with the standerd board in them - around 60 quid brand new - 20-35 quid 2nd hand.

halos - around 25 bps - around 85 quid brand new - around 55-70 quid 2nd hand.

empire realoader b - around 30 - 35 bps depending on which board you have in. - around 90-115 quid brand new - around 70-90 quid 2nd hand

vlocity - around 30-35 bps - 90 quid brand new - about 75-80 quid 2nd hand (alothough there isnt that many available 2nd hand).

draxxus pulse - not sure about the bps but will proberbly be faster than all the other hopper mentioned - there is an extra board available for these wihich syncronises your marker to the hopper. about 140 quid brand new with the syncronising board. these have only just been released so you wont find a 2nd hand one for a while.

-joe

snap-shooter

green zone fighter
Nov 8, 2006
s****horpe
www.facebook.com
info

u could get an egg(revlutionII) which'll do 19bps on paper but there quite brittle and break quite easy and the battery doors tend to fall off-not good as they say an egg is never truly complete till its got a few yards of tape round it so i' get a halo B/empire reloader B they'll do 22bps on paper and are well worth the extra money as for air best size is a 1.1L bottle pmi/crossfire are good makes and u want a 4500psi as its a good all rouder as for packs and pots jus go for whatever tickles ya fancy

happy ballin

paintball paul

Back To BASIC's
Jun 3, 2006
Essex , England
draxxus pulse - not sure about the bps but will proberbly be faster than all the other hopper mentioned - there is an extra board available for these wihich syncronises your marker to the hopper. about 140 quid brand new with the syncronising board. these have only just been released so you wont find a 2nd hand one for a while.
DXS Pulse has a speed of 42 bps.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

don't know about you guys but i've got a real big problem with the clear feed neck on eggs. screming paint check then realise it's the paint in the feed neck makes you look a right tw>t.
halo or reloader evertime.
not seen a pulse up close and personal