Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just starting..

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
oh i never new, is the speed 05 heavy?

i need some1 to explain to me what there is to know about paintball, i know it sounds stupid but i dont understand most of it bar playing paintball.
the 05 speed isnt that heavy when its got a hopper (without paint) and air.

i have a a4 fly upped by cobra and thats nice and light.

if it has a problem you can usually follow the manual to fix it if not then take it to paintball shop or ask the guy you bought it off.

boygonebad

Jagshemash "it Is Nice"
Oct 17, 2006
Congleton, Cheshire
i shot my angelspeed 05 today for the first timein my neighbors back yard!
i love it! its sweet! i only spent 170 on it! my hooper isnot fast enough for it tho!
i shopped round for ages and i just found a good gun at a good price! all thanks to these forums! i am also lookin at the proto matrix rail! that looks awsome! but im happy with my angel for now!

manners87

I cant shoot
Feb 28, 2006
Halifax
Visit site
point one. the best place in the north to go and get exp is. nq. i aint been but looks as if im gunna have to to up my game. paintball has its catagories. those who compete and those that have fun. fun ballers i would say go to walk ons a lot, and have a laugh at tournies. such as uk masters, the pa and nppl etc. for balling adv get some friends from these forums onto your msn. p8ntballer is the best forum ive experienced so far on balling nice and comprehensive. plus its relatively friendly.

ok gat advice. ive only been playing for about 6 months. however i did start in the right place. i trained at fireball when it was open and worked there too which meant i got into the whole shooting people malarky. i used a friends marker when i played, borrowed it every tourny. one reason was money the other was maintenance. (meant i didnt have to do anything with it). pm5 and it did me proud in my early days. now i own a dye matrix 6 http://www.dyeprecision.com/uk/productsmain.html
bought second hand. (works like a dream.)
and an ego 05 in black. which works even better.
(no pics of this anywhere i can see)

heres a list of possible high end successful gats and the pros and cons in my opinion.

ego 5/6/7 >>> born in britain. therefore works well in britain. the ego seems to just keep shooting no matter what you put it through. its light weight and easy to use. with an lcd screen to help you. plus there are many ego techs out there. there are a few parts on the market to make this gun personal and or make this gun fire better. companies to look to. planet eclipse, slothball, karma products.

dye matrix 4/5/6/7>>>> more expensive than the ego (although second hand markets are crashing at the moment because of the 07. very accurate, and with the 06 you will hardly know your holding it/shooting it. however because they were born in some far off warm place they can have certain issues with firing. companies to look to dye, (with a dm6 you automatically get a service unparralelled. if your gat goes down it costs you 7 quid to send it to them to be fixed and sent back)

smartparts shocker >>> my experience says these are a no go area. same as with the ion. but for those who can get these things to work and work well, the shocker is a formidable weapon, its also very *upp-able*. millions of smartparts techs wander the earth and they tend to have a lot to do. smart parts are not my top choice. companies to look to. smart parts, hybrid technologies, lucky, new designs, cp and council skip hire ( :p)

angels>>> not a fan. really dont like them, however they are making great advances in the world of paintball. with markers like the angel 1 and the fly series. however. they are fairly large and cumbersome (excluding the a1) and i dont really like three tube design. also is it just me or are they loud. (not meaning to discourage you) companies to look to. angel. (wdp)

top choice for an first time gat. ego 05. no maintenance, and works all day. also fairly simple to fix once your used to it. dye are too much hassle for a begginner i think (i enjoy cleaning and tweeking mine so meh) and smartparts are the same. the ion is good and cheep but they tend to break easily in my opinion. and angels are too much of a chunk for me to use. just not keen.

air. bottles are at three sizes 0.8 , 1.1 , 1. sommat else. the average size is 1.1 its big enough to keep you playing for longer, and not too big that it obstructs your play. 0.8 bottles are smaller but still hold enough for a game or two. bigger bottles i wouldnt advise using. just dont think there is much point.

PSI? 3000, 4500 and 5000. this is the pressure the bottle can fill to. basically how many shots you can get off before you have to refill. in essence. would reccomend buying a 5k (5000) or 4.5k (4500). reason being it is less likly to over fill.

air bottles are more expensive because they a. are lighter (usually) than co2 and b. they hold more and are cleaner than co2. co2 is not recomended for tourny marker use. (tends to freeze the tourny gun)

guns are technicall... if your buying a gun check its operating pressure (manual or instructions or on here) and ask what air is best to slap on to it. also if you have any issues the lads on here are a good help.

three things you need for having a gat.
the right allen keys
some lubricant
the manual.

hope this was helpfull.
if not i really should learn more :>

robert smith

Nov 21, 2006
point one. the best place in the north to go and get exp is. nq. i aint been but looks as if im gunna have to to up my game. paintball has its catagories. those who compete and those that have fun. fun ballers i would say go to walk ons a lot, and have a laugh at tournies. such as uk masters, the pa and nppl etc. for balling adv get some friends from these forums onto your msn. p8ntballer is the best forum ive experienced so far on balling nice and comprehensive. plus its relatively friendly.

ok gat advice. ive only been playing for about 6 months. however i did start in the right place. i trained at fireball when it was open and worked there too which meant i got into the whole shooting people malarky. i used a friends marker when i played, borrowed it every tourny. one reason was money the other was maintenance. (meant i didnt have to do anything with it). pm5 and it did me proud in my early days. now i own a dye matrix 6 http://www.dyeprecision.com/uk/productsmain.html
bought second hand. (works like a dream.)
and an ego 05 in black. which works even better.
(no pics of this anywhere i can see)

heres a list of possible high end successful gats and the pros and cons in my opinion.

ego 5/6/7 >>> born in britain. therefore works well in britain. the ego seems to just keep shooting no matter what you put it through. its light weight and easy to use. with an lcd screen to help you. plus there are many ego techs out there. there are a few parts on the market to make this gun personal and or make this gun fire better. companies to look to. planet eclipse, slothball, karma products.

dye matrix 4/5/6/7>>>> more expensive than the ego (although second hand markets are crashing at the moment because of the 07. very accurate, and with the 06 you will hardly know your holding it/shooting it. however because they were born in some far off warm place they can have certain issues with firing. companies to look to dye, (with a dm6 you automatically get a service unparralelled. if your gat goes down it costs you 7 quid to send it to them to be fixed and sent back)

smartparts shocker >>> my experience says these are a no go area. same as with the ion. but for those who can get these things to work and work well, the shocker is a formidable weapon, its also very *upp-able*. millions of smartparts techs wander the earth and they tend to have a lot to do. smart parts are not my top choice. companies to look to. smart parts, hybrid technologies, lucky, new designs, cp and council skip hire ( :p)

angels>>> not a fan. really dont like them, however they are making great advances in the world of paintball. with markers like the angel 1 and the fly series. however. they are fairly large and cumbersome (excluding the a1) and i dont really like three tube design. also is it just me or are they loud. (not meaning to discourage you) companies to look to. angel. (wdp)

top choice for an first time gat. ego 05. no maintenance, and works all day. also fairly simple to fix once your used to it. dye are too much hassle for a begginner i think (i enjoy cleaning and tweeking mine so meh) and smartparts are the same. the ion is good and cheep but they tend to break easily in my opinion. and angels are too much of a chunk for me to use. just not keen.

air. bottles are at three sizes 0.8 , 1.1 , 1. sommat else. the average size is 1.1 its big enough to keep you playing for longer, and not too big that it obstructs your play. 0.8 bottles are smaller but still hold enough for a game or two. bigger bottles i wouldnt advise using. just dont think there is much point.

PSI? 3000, 4500 and 5000. this is the pressure the bottle can fill to. basically how many shots you can get off before you have to refill. in essence. would reccomend buying a 5k (5000) or 4.5k (4500). reason being it is less likly to over fill.

air bottles are more expensive because they a. are lighter (usually) than co2 and b. they hold more and are cleaner than co2. co2 is not recomended for tourny marker use. (tends to freeze the tourny gun)

guns are technicall... if your buying a gun check its operating pressure (manual or instructions or on here) and ask what air is best to slap on to it. also if you have any issues the lads on here are a good help.

three things you need for having a gat.
the right allen keys
some lubricant
the manual.

hope this was helpfull.
if not i really should learn more :>
i just bought a angel 05 speed off here this forum, what sort of air is needed for this marker? i really like the look of this gun.

boygonebad

Jagshemash "it Is Nice"
Oct 17, 2006
Congleton, Cheshire
I just got my angel off this forum! the speed 05 is a cool gun especially for a first! im going to a walk on tommate with it so i cant wait to get some paint through it!

i am pretty sure u need a low pressure tank for it!
i am a newb 2 so dont hold me down on that LOL
Devin

robert smith

Nov 21, 2006
I just got my angel off this forum! the speed 05 is a cool gun especially for a first! im going to a walk on tommate with it so i cant wait to get some paint through it!

i am pretty sure u need a low pressure tank for it!
i am a newb 2 so dont hold me down on that LOL
Devin

haha yeh i also think it is LP the seller whos sold me the gun told me it was LP.

But im still unsure what air tank, also how long till you have to buy another tank when you buy it?

manners87

I cant shoot
Feb 28, 2006
Halifax
Visit site
there are dates printed on the tank. this is the date it will need to be "re tested" or destroyed.
read the date on your tank and you will see. :) not too keen on technical stuff ask me one on technique