Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Keeping Active?

Richard Howe

Balls... I like balls!
Nov 23, 2012
Recently I've been on a bit of a health kick and subsequently have shed a bit of weight, my question to you fellow ballers is:

What do you do to keep yourself in shape?

and

How often do you do it?

I'll start off, I enjoy running I'm fortunate enough to have access to a treadmill, so 3 times a week I run/jog to knacker myself out and do a bit of cycling in between.

I'd like to start swimming, but I was a little self concious being akin to a small land whale before so I've avoided public swimming for a while but may get into it now I've trimmed down a little.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Gym 3 times a week, Mon-Wed-Fri. Intense weight training followed by 20 mins or intense cardio (running, skipping, cycling, etc.)

Generally just eat well, low carb, high protein. Multivitamin and EFA blend in the morning, and I'm set for the day.

Always eat a good breakfast as well!

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I am a member at the Gym, I go once or twice a week or when I can be asked to, I play badminton once a week and at my office we are in a 4 storey building so do run up and down the stairs numerous times in the day.

Also I'm still a fat bloke so I just suck it up and buy 2XL paintball clothes.

I have seen a shrink and been told that I am a anorexic in a fat body and so I'm happy with that.

;)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Personally I do very little exercise, mainly cos I can't be arsed (ARSED Phil, not asked ffs!) :)

Despite that I managed to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks hike (25 miles, 3 mountains) in less than 12 hours a couple of weeks ago with only a bit of practice, so think I'm just one of those annoying people who's naturally skinny and has a fairly reasonable level of innate fitness. Given my diet and exercise regime I should, by rights, be a 60 stone mound of blubber covered in Mars bar residue. Still, I can't comment on the state of my arteries, as I'm sure I have some blood mixed in with my lard supply.

Reactions: phil-boy

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I run a bit and cycle a lot. I found that running is much more effective for fitness when done via intervals so you get a better workout in much less time. I also rock climb a bit too.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Even though I am relatively fast in a sprint (and stupid fast for somebody my size), I try to actually run as little as possible these days. Now that I am getting older, my weight means that sustained running has a very negative impact on my knees. However, I do need a good cardio workout, like all people do. So for that I hop on my bike, just like Cook$ (totally different kind of bike though), or if the weather is crap, I hit the cross trainer in the gym. That way I do get the heartrate up, but I don't wreck my knees.
Besides that, I do a LOT of weights. Which gives me a body totally unfit for paintball, if it weren't for the fact that it's fantastic for intimidating tiny refs.

chris20

Dec 8, 2013
Working for a paintball site tends to keep you fit! but i just go to the gym 3-4 times a week and run ever so often.