Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"Killing in the Name" For Christmas No.1

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
Na, should have been an Iron Maiden song, if your going to use an old metal song to stop the Xfactor may as well make it a British band!

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
The problem is that every single year Strictly Come Pop Factor in the Jungle produces another awful No1 single that only stands up to be be bought because people actually watch those ****ing dreadfull television programs,Rage is most definately also a product for a different demographic (although I would not decribe them as a manufactured band in any way) but I think the song choice was irrelevant, people are just pissed off that every year the same old same old happens and no one seems to see through it, so some are registering there dissaproval some are sheep and some just think its a laugh ...I for one am all for it and I think it genuinely does point the above opinion somewhat ...good for it .

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Choice of song irrelevant? Am I the only that actually listens to the lyrics then? Or am I reading too much into it? I pretty much figured that since X Factor is "telling" you to buy their crap, the response was "F*ck you, I won't do what you tell me". Hence my suggestion for Fight The Power. "We gotta fight the powers that be" and all that...
And as an added bonus, nothing scares the avarage X Factor buyer more than a group of angry black men.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I think people are missing the point - it wasn't a case of trying to stitch up Simon Cowell, or attempt to remove money from his pockets. It was purely a case of avoiding having yet another 2nd rate boring cover of an average ballad at number one for Christmas.

With £30k already raised for Shelter and Rage stating that they'll donate a large portion of their income to the same cause, it's hardly a waste.

The UK also gets to have a free live concert from Rage sometime in 2010 as a bonus.

I enjoy watching X-factor to see all the deluded freaks and occasional great singers......erm ok, so Leona is the only one so far, although I don't like the type of stuff she sings.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Yeh the lyric is relevant as the song 'fits' I was meaning that it has nothing to do with RATM, any song could of done as a protest song like PE for example ,Rage just happens to have a song that has that lyric in it.

And no-one was ever scared of Flavor-Flav..no-one.;)

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
would have been nicer to see a christmas song at number 1.

however i do not believe in a free ride. going on a tv show and being handed a number 1 is alot diffrent than sum1 starting in a local pub and working there way up to getting a recording deal.

ive also heard the argument that atleast X factor is singing a more christmasy song. however it either is or it isnt christmas. i also liked the original version better. not that he cant sing

glad X facter isnt number 1 this year.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
would have been nicer to see a christmas song at number 1.

however i do not believe in a free ride. going on a tv show and being handed a number 1 is alot diffrent than sum1 starting in a local pub and working there way up to getting a recording deal.

ive also heard the argument that atleast X factor is singing a more christmasy song. however it either is or it isnt christmas. i also liked the original version better. not that he cant sing

glad X facter isnt number 1 this year.
Some facts...

The people that win these shows are not "handed" a number one. In fact, they usually get the sh*t end of a rather nasty stick. Contracts that anybody with any sense would spit on, near to no say on the A&R side of their initial career and so on. You could compare them to circus animals. Yanked out of their natural habitat and forced to do dumb tricks for a dumber audience.
Besides that, hate or love the show, winning it IS hard work.

If anything they should be pitied. Most of them end up somewhere in obscurity. Only a few of them have been able to make the sort of career they wanted in the first place out of it and those are usually not the people that ended up winning the damn thing, since they aren't obliged to stick to the modern day slavery contract the winners get.
So next time you see one of them, pat them on the back and buy that copy of the Big Issue off them.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
Some facts...

The people that win these shows are not "handed" a number one. In fact, they usually get the sh*t end of a rather nasty stick. Contracts that anybody with any sense would spit on, near to no say on the A&R side of their initial career and so on. You could compare them to circus animals. Yanked out of their natural habitat and forced to do dumb tricks for a dumber audience.
Besides that, hate or love the show, winning it IS hard work.

If anything they should be pitied. Most of them end up somewhere in obscurity. Only a few of them have been able to make the sort of career they wanted in the first place out of it and those are usually not the people that ended up winning the damn thing, since they aren't obliged to stick to the modern day slavery contract the winners get.
So next time you see one of them, pat them on the back and buy that copy of the Big Issue off them.
Yeah that's right, circus animals get handed million pound contracts daily.

I know what I would do for a million and singing on a stage and going to parties is so far one of the best ways to do it. Don't get me wrong I know there is a lot more to it,but in my line of work 16+ hour days and no social life still wont make me that million in a year.

My original point was, it's a lot harder to start a band and make it than it is to sing on a TV show, you don't even need to win it to make money from the show. Even the bad acts get paid to go on tour and make arses of themselves.

I have just completely corrected your post for you ,if I was handing out English grades you would be looking at an F next to an unhappy face , we try not to make it a big deal on here all the time bud because it does become monotonous, but please use spell check and take a bit of time over your post, it means people are more likely to treat your comments seriously.

Especially when you are having a discussion with someone who takes pleasure in the correct use of English as his second language.

Dskize TFP