Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Large Barrel/Short Barrel

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
I guess I'm showing my age, but a 14" barrel for a frontman (16" for a backman) is also usefull on a hyperball field...you can lay the barrel in one of the groves and use that to protect yourself as you shoot...it's always funny to watch someone crease an inflatable bunker with a shorter barrel, then immediatly switch sides when the ball bounces off the fold in front of the barrel and breaks on a teammate instead of going down the field :D Not that I'll ever admit to...

Ray "it wasn't me" N.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
[
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Recoil

a paintball leaving a 10" barrel @ 300fps will travel probably about 8" less than a paintball leaving an 18" barrel @300fps...

All things being equal...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope they'll both travel the same distance from the end of the barrel.

Paul.]
Is not that the same???:confused:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
from the end of the barrel they will travel the same distance if they are moving at the same speed....will seem 8 inch further if the barrel is 8 inch longer due to the fact that the end of the barrel is 8 inch closer to the target!

DANDER MAN

Sep 30, 2002
norfolk
dose size mater

it not how long but what you do with it, good gear or the right gear don't make a a crap player good but it may help a good play more consistant..

as for range well to put a spin on it it is to do with vilocity and how fast you lose it we all no max speed as it leaves the barrle is 300fps (should be) porting can mack more of a diferance if a ball is struck dead it will slow down quicker, back spin fly flater spin spin for longer..... nears easest thing to comare to is a snooker que ball,

but at the end of the day a paint ball has to many veryables against it... consitance of player is going to help it be more acrute.... not the news toy... and as soon as you chop... or just get your barle covered in spray and splash.... well we all no that one,:p