The Home Of European Paintball

Lasoya needs banned

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Official response - opinion ?

Oakland response to the Doc's episode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On behalf of the Oakland Assassin's, the Infamous Team and Bob Long, we extend an apology to the Doc's Raider Player, the Doc Raider organization, our Sponsors, the NXL and the Fans of Paintball. Bob and the Team do not condone the actions taken by Chris during this unfortuate event. Disciplinary action has been handed down and will commence as follows: Chris Lasoya will be suspended from the Team for the entire Huntington Beach event and the first day of the Las Vegas PSP event. A formal apology from Chris will be forth coming, if it already has been made. It is our understanding that Chris has already personally apologized to the Doc's Raider player involved.
At the time this happen we were up 3-1, the incident costs us the pending point and 1 was taken away for the infraction, which left us at 2-1 starting the next half. These actions taken by Chris changed the momentum of the match, we ended up soon down 2-3, but in the end prevailed thru the hearts of the rest Team.
It has been clearly pointed out to Chris, if this ever happens again, he will be permanently ejected from the Team and his sponsor will cease their support.

It was amusing that quite a few spectators were chanting Chris's name in the stands. Goes to show that while most do not condone these actions, at lot were entertained by it.

Wait for the DerDer video, Rob got the whole episode, the half a dozen red flags in the air at the same time it was crazy.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by duffistuta
Bob has taken internal action and banned him - which is laudable - but shouldn't the NXL have measures in place to do that rather then leaving it to team owners' individual discretion?
He got the full measure from the NXL rules. He got a major penalty and was disqualified from the game. It's what they have in their rules for such actions.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
"Hey guys.... yes I felt bad about it and it was the heat of the moment thing but it still did not make it right. I did call him after I arrived home yesterday and made it right. It was a real dumb thing to do and yes I will never do it again. Once again sorry guys.."

Straight from Lasoya

Originally posted by sjt19
"Hey guys.... yes I felt bad about it and it was the heat of the moment thing but it still did not make it right. I did call him after I arrived home yesterday and made it right. It was a real dumb thing to do and yes I will never do it again. Once again sorry guys.."

Straight from Lasoya
We all been there and done stuff we regret afterwards!

He said sorry. Lets see what happens!

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by manike
He got the full measure from the NXL rules. He got a major penalty and was disqualified from the game. It's what they have in their rules for such actions.
That's what I meant Si - the NXL punishment seems a little lenient.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by manike
Actually, Simon, he didn't. He received a major penalty (5:00 min) and was assessed a match misconduct resulting in suspension. The specific rule used calls for a minimum one game suspension. In this instance, since it occured in the first half, only covered the rest of that match.
12.1.5.1--suspension length is purely at the discretion of the commissioner.
As it turned out one of our players received the same penalty late in the game for swearing at a referee and however you shake it out the net effect is the league considered swearing at a ref on field the same as what Chris did. (The call was made 'cus the officials claimed contact between the player and the ref but didn't bother to tell me the ref initiated the contact. And verbal abuse is a minor, 2 minute penalty normally. And we were ahead when the call was made ... )

In addition, Terry's explanation was partially mistaken. The point was initially awarded making it 3 - 1 (not pending) until it was pointed out that application of the penalty pulled the last remaining "live" body, hence no one to hang the flag and the score was returned to 2 - 1, which is what it was at the start of that particular point. No previously earned point was taken away as there is no provision anywhere in the rules for such an action.

At any rate it's done and over now.

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
If any of you have known Chris for a while, you will know that his apologies are always heartfelt and sincere, and that he will do the exact same thing again at the earliest possible opportunity.