The Home Of European Paintball

Lasoya needs banned

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Originally posted by Missy Q
If any of you have known Chris for a while, you will know that his apologies are always heartfelt and sincere, and that he will do the exact same thing again at the earliest possible opportunity.
I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Chris is the nicest guy one minute, then he is a psychopathic demon the next. He has always been cool to me, but I think of that as just dumb luck. An apology from Chris is like an apology from an earthquake. Of course it wasn't personal, but who cares?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
havnt met the guy and i wasnt there etc... so i probably dont have all the details.....

but surely the act of putting a marker to the back of someones head and deliberatly shooting him other than during a game of paintball amounts to nothing other than physical assault with a weapon no matter who it was or what the situation?
if its not during a game you dont shoot people with it, simple as.

*2p*

BigbOYALA2

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by jahlad
havnt met the guy and i wasnt there etc... so i probably dont have all the details.....

but surely the act of putting a marker to the back of someones head and deliberatly shooting him other than during a game of paintball amounts to nothing other than physical assault with a weapon no matter who it was or what the situation?
if its not during a game you dont shoot people with it, simple as.

*2p*
Oh for God's sake, I'd kill someone if they pressed charges over this.

BigbOYALA2

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by Gyroscope
Why?
Because, it's dumb, and exactly what is wrong with America today.
It may not have been part of the game, but it is a sport. Whether or not Lasoya broke the rules is irrelevant, you assume certain risks when you play, and people being douchebags and shooting you point blank is one of them.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Sure; you risk being attacked by some random maniac every time you go outside. That doesn't make it wrong to seek some kind of redress, though.

Blasting somebody in the back of the head between points is so far beyond the pale, I cannot imagine how you think that it is just "one of those things" or that trying to punish someone for that sorta thing is somehow putting the one who got shot between points, at point blank, in the back of the head in the wrong. I'd say the time has come and gone, maybe, but that **** ain't cool, and shrugging it off is part of how the world gets worse.

If someone shoots someone during a game, that is one thing. If someone shoots a little girl walking down the street, that is at the other end of the spectrum. Shooting someone from your team in the hotel room falls somewhere in between, as does what Chris did.

Let me be clear; I have no personal beef against Chris Lasoya. I am wary of him, because he is not fully master of his emotions. I wouldn't turn my back on lots of animals, and Chris fits that category. If any other player in the world did something like this, I would argue that it is up to the victim to decide how far to push it legally, weighing the history of malice of the person doing the shooting, the serious long term effect from the attack, the likely effect on paintball if police start having to look into it when one player shoots another at the event, and so forth. Would I call police into it? No. But it isn't because I am concerned about making my country worse off in some way.

It seems to me like what happened was that one player attacked another out of malice with his paintball gun. When he did that, he kinda put the ball in the court of the victim, as far as how serious it all got.

If someone in the NFL made a tackle between plays, what would the consequences be like? A one game suspension? A stern warning?

What is wrong with America is a lot more complicated than that we let people complain to authorities when they feel they need the protection of the law. It stinks, you using any respect or concern someone might have for the good of America to try to make your opinion somehow less assailable. If you are so patroitic that you want to kill somebody over that sort of thing, you will find how valued you are as a citizen in no time.

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Gyroscope
Sure; you risk being attacked by some random maniac every time you go outside. That doesn't make it wrong to seek some kind of redress, though.

Blasting somebody in the back of the head between points is so far beyond the pale, I cannot imagine how you think that it is just "one of those things" or that trying to punish someone for that sorta thing is somehow putting the one who got shot between points, at point blank, in the back of the head in the wrong. I'd say the time has come and gone, maybe, but that **** ain't cool, and shrugging it off is part of how the world gets worse.

If someone shoots someone during a game, that is one thing. If someone shoots a little girl walking down the street, that is at the other end of the spectrum. Shooting someone from your team in the hotel room falls somewhere in between, as does what Chris did.

Let me be clear; I have no personal beef against Chris Lasoya. I am wary of him, because he is not fully master of his emotions. I wouldn't turn my back on lots of animals, and Chris fits that category. If any other player in the world did something like this, I would argue that it is up to the victim to decide how far to push it legally, weighing the history of malice of the person doing the shooting, the serious long term effect from the attack, the likely effect on paintball if police start having to look into it when one player shoots another at the event, and so forth. Would I call police into it? No. But it isn't because I am concerned about making my country worse off in some way.

It seems to me like what happened was that one player attacked another out of malice with his paintball gun. When he did that, he kinda put the ball in the court of the victim, as far as how serious it all got.

If someone in the NFL made a tackle between plays, what would the consequences be like? A one game suspension? A stern warning?

What is wrong with America is a lot more complicated than that we let people complain to authorities when the feel they need the protection of the law. It stinks, you using any respect or concern someone might have for the good of America to try to make your opinion somehow less assailable. If you are so patroitic that you want to kill somebody over that sort of thing, you will find how valued you are as a citizen in no time.
Game, set and match, Gyro.;)

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Surely this is only as bad as drop-kicking someone in the stands (Eric somebody-or-other - a football/soccer thing).

Mr L. let his emotions get the better of him - it happens - we've all done something as equally stupid in our lives (now - don't lie and say you haven't).

Leave it up to the raiders player involved to sort it with Chris - and everyone else keep their noses out.

Simple (just like me!).

Next you'll all be wanting to know why Mr Lang left Dynasty - sheesh - like it's your business to know other peoples ;).