Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

LCD + HALO B? Detent problem?

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Hertfordshire - South East
Yet another question.

I'm thinking of getting a HALO B for my Angel LCD, but i've heard that 1 detent will be pushed past by the Halo B's force feeding technology..

Is this true? Are we sure that i can't tighten the detents, because at maximum tightness a Yboarded Egg can only put the balls half way into the breach, and so they chop..

Thanks,
-Skullpop.

Hey man, I had an LCD with a Halo B and I can tell you it didn't work for me. It would force feed 2 balls all the time. I was told a V35 board might fix the problem because you can slow down the feed rate. If your good with machines you might consider adding a 2nd detent yourself. Or find a place that can do it for you.

Also, I personaly think a Halo b is overkill for an LCD. You could use another hopper. Dynasty used Revvys on thier Angels, right?

GOOD LUCK!

Hey man, just don't give up though. If I were you I would ask to borrow someones Halo B next time your out. Try it out for a game and see what happens. Also try and find somone with a V35 board (or an Empire B) and put it on the first setting (slowest) and see if that helps. Also might want to check with TAG and see if they can recomend a detent that will work with a Halo B.

Good luck,
Hanson

SPIKEE

Feb 15, 2002
Visit site
i was under the impression that angel lcd's and ir3's didnt work very well with halos, something to do with the bolt sitting too far back in the breech, allow ing the first ball to roll out of the way and allow ing the second ball to get clipped by the bolt.
Can anyone back me up? has anyone else used an halo on an angel lcd?

I have set up alot of LCDs and IR3s with halos, and I havent had any that dont work.

As mentioned above here are the things you need to get right:

Softnose bolt
Ram stroke set properly
Good detents (standard WDP detents are crap. But as Tom Allen says above, two of them work alot better than one). Otherwise Cobra detents are nice.
Good halo board (intelifeed is the best, normal halo with eyes second, reloader last cos it sucks)
If you are not using intelifeed, then a bit of grease on the halo drive belt every couple of tourneys is beneficial.

Lastly Good paint, thats a must!!!

If you get all that stuff right then it WILL work...