Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

LCD + HALO B? Detent problem?

Originally posted by Skullpop

Right.
Why are my gun's detents insufficient? If we were to take, say a DM5 :)D), what happens to it's detents? Are they single or double?
Double
Also the Dm5's bolt is further forward in the breach than in the angel which prevents 'roll back', another source of ball breakage in force feed hoppers.

Double? If so, then does that mean that every marker that has only got 1 detent needs to have another drilled? Every high tournament level gun I see has a Halo or Reloader B on it.. They can't all have double detents, can they?
Pretty much all of them have, but single or double detents are not the issue.
Strength of detents is the problem (why do I get the feeling of deja vous here??)

Standard angel detents are in general too weak. Getting stiffer detents works, but stiffer detents are hard to find, so getting double detents is a good solution as it allows you to use any detents no matter how weak.

Also, the Reloader B has different feed speed options. Surely this is better than the Halo's full whack all-the-freakin'-time, detent pushing wise?
The halo doesnt push full whack all the time, it has eyes in the feedneck which 'watch' the ball stack move and turn the motor appropriately.

Ok. This, is what really gets me. affect how well it works.. Does this seem weird to anyone else?
Surely the system was made so that it 'tears', if you will, the ambient noise level at '0' when it is turned on.

This then means, that if you turn it on at a quiet area, wherever you go that's notably louder than that, say a game, it will then feed balls, because it thinks that that loud noise is your gun firing..
That is pretty much how it works. The problem we have is that the reloader pushes too much, not too little.
For example running down the field and shaking the hopper causes the motor to turn in some cases. Remember this problem is compounded in your case by weak detents and roll back.

Why oh why would they develop a system that doesn't work as well? Why would they release it and people praise it?
I am talking about your particular situation, which I have encountered many times.
When setup correctly the reloader B will work with other guns, just like when setup correctly a halo B will work with yours.

I am an angel tech and have set up more angels with halos than I can count. I am just trying to give you the benefit of my experiences..