Leak from my stako

Golddust

Doing my own thing!
Sep 8, 2007
Haverhill, Suffolk
Torpedo

Serious note:
What is stakos customer service like?
I think the best thing to do would be get straight on the phone to them, and ask for refund/replacement or for you to send it of to them.

matty healy

Mean Machine
Nov 28, 2007
Tamworth
www.korruptkillerz.co.uk
i bet the customer service has got better now after what has happend in the past, so i hope you get it all sorted shauny boy and lets be thank full that another paintballer has not been hurt through this situation

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
Stakos are made from just carbon fibre which is what i have been told and stretches and considerably amount more when filled than normal fibre rapped bottles, if the leak i coming from the whole bottle then what i think it could be is general wearing of the bottle. you did say it was a year old so this could be a factor. i am in no way an air expert and far from it but send it off and get it checked as it might be something minor but dont mess with it because if you ask spreadz they are dangerous anyway lol. I think people should stop posting stupid things about stakos as they are going on what other people are saying and have no idea what the problem is. there is not way that they would be intentially dangerous as they wouldnt be on sale if they was.

MJ tom edit if you feel appropriate to

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I assume your bottle had been empty because what you are showing on your video is something I have seen a few times, it is caused by the trapped air between the liner and bottle sides escaping. that only gets there when the bottle is not stored under positive pressure (some air inside)
Stako have said it is a "normal" phenomenon with that bottle because of the way it is constructed and is quite safe.
Personally as much as I appreciate their statement and do in fact believe them, it scares the crap out of me.

Russ

shaunyboy

www.nxpaintball.co.uk
Apr 11, 2005
Near Glasgow
www.nxpaintball.co.uk
I assume your bottle had been empty because what you are showing on your video is something I have seen a few times, it is caused by the trapped air between the liner and bottle sides escaping. that only gets there when the bottle is not stored under positive pressure (some air inside)
Stako have said it is a "normal" phenomenon with that bottle because of the way it is constructed and is quite safe.
Personally as much as I appreciate their statement and do in fact believe them, it scares the crap out of me.

Russ
Yeah it was empty, however, they claim that the air that is escaping is the air between the layers not from within the bottle.
I did try filling it again after it started leaking to see if that was the case but it just leaked out again, and i not going to try and fill it again, 4500psi leaking through the bottle kinda scares me:rolleyes: