Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Leak from my stako

shaunyboy

www.nxpaintball.co.uk
Apr 11, 2005
Near Glasgow
www.nxpaintball.co.uk
yeah the air within the bottle is leaking out.

When i submerged the bottle in water to see where the leak was coming from there wasnt a single bubble apear from the reg, nipple or guage just loads from the fibrewrap.

stevie t

Sep 27, 2006
ok i am not the best person to give advice about this but have you or someone that has filled your bottle latly flash filled it cus this puts indue stress on the bottle and could in theory cause this i think just a theory.

hope this helps
steve

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
My guess (and I appreciate that guessing is not really whats needed here) is that the plastic liner is split inside. The Carbon fiber wrap is not supposed to be airtight, its simple function is to stop the plastic (5mm nylon if I remember) "balloon" liner from expanding beyond its limits. This (in the video) from what I remember of Stako's description is it failing safe, where when the liner splits, the air is vented quite quickly but not explosively through the fiber wrap. It should obviously not be refilled, I know Stako were attending every millennium event last year, not sure this year tho, but if they are, go to campaign cup and give it to them. Failing that, Hpac I think have basically an endoscope to inspect the inside of tanks before they re-test them. Failing Stako, they should be your next port of call, and i would guess they have communication channels with Stako after the previous incidents.

I hope some of that makes sense and maybe is even helpful :)