Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

London Masters feedback thread

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
So lets have your feedback then guys and gals. as im sure there are a good few things that need to be aired.

Lyddii

Jan 29, 2010
Birmingham
One quibble with the way the prelims for Division Three were structured.

Group D1*
Ninjinhas Sao Paulo
London Impact
Celtic Banshees Birmingham
Basingstoke Ratz
Kuala Lumpur Raskal
Group D2*
Argonauts Hellas Athens 2
London Samurai MV
Ipswich Unwanted
Ashby Onslaught
Stavanger Mayhem 2

"Groups D will be treated as one group of 10 teams.
Winner will be #1-Group-D, second #2-Group-D"

When groups A through C have six teams in... therefore a 1/3 chance of qualifying for Sunday. It seems unfair that group D only had a 1/5 chance.

Other than that it was a good weekend and thank you to all of the refs on the Division Three field.

Last edited:
Reactions: upzii

Broken Arrow

LONDON IMPACT
Jan 4, 2004
KENT
our team london impact was in this div d1 . this did not go down well with any of the teams in this division

CAMPBELL

Killing for the Lucky15's
Aug 28, 2003
NUNEATON
Visit site
Its been a few years since i have played a mills event so i was really looking forward to this weekend. We played D3 and i thought personally everything was top notch apart from one point. On the saturday i noticed a disagreement between one team and the ultimate of the D3 field, one of the players had a disagreement about when the game started i.e on the buzzer or when the reffs lowered their arms. obviously the team must have suffered a penalty in an earlier point.

the ultimate said the point starts when he shouts game on regardless if the buzzer goes off slightly earlier then he calls it/lowers his arms

Question is when do you think the game starts ? common sense says the games starts when the buzzer does as thats what technically the reff is going off anyway, however we did see lots of players getting pulled and subsequently 141'd for early starts rightly or wrongly because they went on the buzzer.

when do you think the game should start, buzzer or reffs call ?

other than that i thought the event was top

BURT-GBH

ATPB Factory 2012
May 15, 2009
london
The reffing once again was awfull the day they bring an upto date rule book will hopefully sort this out the millenium need to look after there customers for once

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
the game always starts on the buzzer regardless so they should have restarted the point and there would have been no way i would have settled for less campbell.......I was only there saturday due to an injury but from what i see the reffing was harsh (it always is) and not only that i witnessed some rather odd calls to say the least....Like a player taking his pack off in the back corner and then doing a mugging run down snake to trade out then to go back to collect his pack ??? Good atmosphere though and good to see so many british teams representing :)

Jay Ford

Feb 3, 2011
The reffing once again was awfull the day they bring an upto date rule book will hopefully sort this out the millenium need to look after there customers for once
Awful or did you just not understand it?

i witnessed some rather odd calls to say the least....Like a player taking his pack off in the back corner and then doing a mugging run down snake to trade out then to go back to collect his pack ???
This is one of these magic rules that I dont think is written down anywhere. I think it was changed to only safety equipment has to be with the player at all times. So as longas you have goggs and a barrel sock everything else can be left behind

bruce

What do u mean i missed!!
Mar 1, 2002
the reffing is always harsh at the Mills but then its the same (or should be) for all teams, the Mills dont help themselves (or there reffs) by not having published an up to date rule book so at least players and refs have something to refer back to when a call is questioned.

maybe one day they will get around to it, but then again pigs may fly

BURT-GBH

ATPB Factory 2012
May 15, 2009
london
No I understood it ok but they calls being made and the things that were happening we're just bad I can't speak for the cpl field jay but jabba seems to have his head screwed on