Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

London Masters feedback thread

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
One quibble with the way the prelims for Division Three were structured.

Group D1*
Ninjinhas Sao Paulo
London Impact
Celtic Banshees Birmingham
Basingstoke Ratz
Kuala Lumpur Raskal
Group D2*
Argonauts Hellas Athens 2
London Samurai MV
Ipswich Unwanted
Ashby Onslaught
Stavanger Mayhem 2

"Groups D will be treated as one group of 10 teams.
Winner will be #1-Group-D, second #2-Group-D"

When groups A through C have six teams in... therefore a 1/3 chance of qualifying for Sunday. It seems unfair that group D only had a 1/5 chance.

Other than that it was a good weekend and thank you to all of the refs on the Division Three field.
This was done so all the teams got the same amount of games, I am sure if the millennium knocked you a game you would have not been happy about that either.

Surely it is just a case of play better and you will qualify......... Paintballers will always find something to moan about! Nothing changes!

Lyddii

Jan 29, 2010
Birmingham
This was done so all the teams got the same amount of games, I am sure if the millennium knocked you a game you would have not been happy about that either.

Surely it is just a case of play better and you will qualify......... Paintballers will always find something to moan about! Nothing changes!

It was more a case of the larger number of teams in the group resulted in the top four all being on the same points. Therefore progression to Sunday went on the individual results of the games when all the teams in the group have not had a chance to play each other and one team were disqualified resulting in an automatic bye for all those who had played them.

I see your point that people would have complained had some teams not had the same number of prelims, however I don't see why they couldn't have reshuffled the scheduling for Division 3 and made it into four groups of seven rather than three groups of six and one group of ten. Yes it would have been extra scheduling work but surely it would have been worth it in the interest of fairness.