Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 divitions a disscution thread please read

go-one

Waht every one seams to forget is this is Sp'S's first attempt at a series of this type. Whilst the MM, SWPL & S2003 are probably better series (At the Mo), they have all been going a number of years.

Sparklie improves things every round and is moving up the (steep) learnig curve rapidly. I storngly belive this can become the premier series in the country, given the time to find its feet.

When that happens and the slots are all filled with those with rolling deposits we'll then get bitching from the teams that can't get in !!!!!!!!!

Funny old world !

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by go-one
...........we'll then get bitching from the teams that can't get in !!!!!!!!!

Funny old world !
We already ARE having that bitching from teams who didn't get in now! I know this is asking for a major miracle from paintballers, but if every team who now says they wanted to enter (and are whining 'cause they were too late) had told Sparklie this 2 weeks ago, she would have had enough entries to put on an extra field and run a 5th division. Seeing as some of the teams that were too late are good enough to at least hold their own with the "big boys" and some were even Pro (at least from a domestic point of view), there wouldn't be any issue of lower ranked teams having to play them. We currently have only 1 maybe 2 internationally ranked Pro teams entered (don't know where Storm Pro play at Millenniums) and probably only 2-3 more who could class as Pro domestically.

Originally posted by SHERIFF
The other thing is this 1234 stuff most of the teams in div 1 are pro and if enough pros had entered then all would have been, div 2 is all am a/b teams div3 all novice and 4 all rookie so saying that is not how the divs should be looked at is silly...
Yes, in an ideal world we would get 8 teams currently playing at each level entered, but that isn't the way things go. Say we had 8 Pro/Am A teams, 4 Am B teams, 4 novice teams and 16 Rookie teams. We couldn't say that Div 3 was Novice then, as it would all be Rookie teams with the novices having to play up in 2. Or say we had 16 Pro/Am A teams and 16 Am B teams one round - again your naming system doesn't fit the entries. And what about next time when we hope to have 4 fields and 5 divisions - what do you want to name them then? Or if we end up one day with 8 divisions like the top S2k events have?

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
League.

Gotta say all this bitching and whining does no good for the general morale of the sport, if the M25 league gets cancelled cos too much hassle for the organisers ( who are trying their best ) then where do you go to play in the SE.

Nowhere thats all there is.

Add to the fact that this is a series held at sports arenas with excellent facilities etc.

I remember temple open divisions and if you booked in late you got stuck where there was a slot, i still have the AM div winners trophy form when thunder got stuck a div higher than we expected. All the team were bricking it but pulled out the goods.

When i go to a millenium the game i wanna play most and not sit is the pro game.

We ML have been put in div 3, 5 of our squad havent played a 7 man before but we will give it a shot and see what happens. If we get ripped then its back to training and try do better next time.

So lets look forward to a cracking tourney.. win lose or draw and big up sparklie liz etc for their time and effort (with no financial reward as yet)