Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 Hmmm

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I think you've taken my post a little out of context there. Sure, you expect everyone to have some decency and try to keep the place as clean as possible.

However, there are always going to be individuals who do not consider this and make a mess. My point is - don't moan about it. Ask everyone for sure, but there is no need to attack people about it.

You will have seen in my previous posts that I think Sparklie did a wonderful job at the first round of the M25 and it can only get better. It does stand to be one of the best series in the UK, if not Europe!

I just think you have to draw a line somewhere between what you expect from people's good nature and reality. Having to deal with a mess after a tournament is part and parcel of running an event. Rob and myself had exactly the same thing after Gordano last season.

Sparklie - please don't let it get to you too much. We want to see the M25 grow from stength to strength and this is a realitively minor issue. Teams - do your bit to help and consider the extent of the clean up job afterwards.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
A suggestion

It's not unreasonable to expect people to do their best to keep the venue tidy, but unfortunately no matter how much you impress this on people the staging area will always be a tip at the end of the day.

So why not invest in a couple of large groundsheets to cover the ground under and around the staging area, and then at the end of the day you simply pick them up by the corners and tip the contents into a bin. Maybe a quick hose down to clean off any broken paint and they can be packed away for the next time.

I know it doesn't make the job of cleaning the rest of the venue any easier, but the staging area is usually the worst part of the job, and groundsheets ought to turn an afternoon's work into a 20-minute exercise.