Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 Hmmm

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Sparklie why are you conceiling the where abouts of the next event. We need to know where it is to make travel arrangements as TonyF rightly said. Also as stated by Gaff in another thread if we knew where it was theres 20+ players from Storm who would gladly help set it up.

Dear players I have been up to my neck in your mess all week! it took 2 of us 4-5 hours just to muck out the marquee!

Sadly only 1 person used one of the 200 bin bags provided most players left them unused on the top of their tables and left all the rubish as a paper weight. There were exceptions and the players staging out side had at least plied all there rubbish up.

If I had wanted a job as a cleaner I would be driving round in a merry maid van. Please think on I am not prepared to put up with this once a month and I really don't think I should have to.

I had asked all the captins to respect the venue and use the bins I am aware paintballers are messy but this is not on. If you want ****ty venues then carry on if you want nice venues then use the bins!

Once I have a whole day in my office I will get a chance to send out all the details.

I am not going to mention this agian the ball is in your court I could always be shopping instead.

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
try providing more plastic bins in the staging area would be quicker for ppl to throw rubbish in em then opening a bin bag!, as a tournament organiser you have to expect paintballers to leave mess behind and u need to expect to get ur hands dirty, we all aint neat and tidy ppl.

From what i was reading most of storm want to come and help sent the field up, but they dont know where it is! it surely dont take more then 5 mins just to post the site location etc, so ppl can book hotel and stuff.

my 2 cents

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Andy:
as a tournament organiser you have to expect paintballers to leave mess behind and u need to expect to get ur hands dirty, we all aint neat and tidy ppl.
My Ar$e. What you mean is:
Paintballers are lazy fu&^s who can't be ar$ed to tidy up after themselves.
I always made a point when I was captain of Portsmouth Uni, Bugout and the Leopards, that we didn't leave a mess when we left.
It's not up to the tourney organisers to sort out your mess, it's up to you to not be a lazy cnut!

Just my 2 cents :p

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Andy
try providing more plastic bins in the staging area would be quicker for ppl to throw rubbish in em then opening a bin bag!, as a tournament organiser you have to expect paintballers to leave mess behind and u need to expect to get ur hands dirty, we all aint neat and tidy ppl.
[Sarcasm mode] I forgot what a massive effort it takes to OPEN A BIN BAG! Of course Sparklie is being unreasonable to expect people to actually clear up just a tiny bit of their own mess. [/Sarcasm mode]
Apart from the cost factor (about £5 for a plastic dustbin, about 2p for a bin liner) and the extra space a dustbin will take up, I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect teams to keep tidy, or at least not leave their staging area like a total pig sty - the teams outside the tent managed, and I'm sure the teams staging in their sponsor's tents did too.
Whatever team I've played in over the years, I've always taken the very few seconds it takes first thing in the morning to fix a bin bag up at the end of the table, and made sure my team mates used it. I even take a couple of bags with me, just in case the organisers forget to supply them, but failing that people could always put their used kitchen roll & dead batteries etc into empty paint boxes & bags rather than embedding them into the grass.

I was lucky enough not to have to help clean up after this tourney but I've done a few in my time & it's a horrid job even when teams do make an effort. At places like Bricket Wood the clean up job is very much bigger than at a "normal" venue as all the paint has to be cleared from the grass etc as well as the usual stuff, plus the organisers have to do stuff like wash down the HSBC signs where some considerate person shot them for fun. As Sparklie said, if you want to play at a nice venue you can at least respect it or we'll find that paintball is no longer welcome at sports centres and the like, and have to go back to muddy fields in the middle of nowhere with a couple of portaloos.

Sorry about the rant guys, but Sparklie and lots of other people put in an awful lot of work to put on this event (which she made a loss on), so a little consideration would go a long way in ensuring she carries on running the only sup'air tourneys in the south outside of Campaign.