Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 Hmmm

Kieran

Jiggy
Sep 16, 2002
UK
Originally posted by ally
another prat of the day was, can't rememder the team when on the break the back guy was sweetspotting and hit his mid of the break in the hopper, wiv a pink splatt on the back :D
Yeah, that and the team who kept shooting there own guys out every game on the SP field :)

pauly

Feb 5, 2003
2p..2p
Bud i aint even got 1p! the imps fine apart from i think im missing something but cant work out what.....oh yeah MAX FLOW,should get one before portugal see you there muppet:D

go-one

Neither !!!

LPS could't make it due to comitments on site and a certain persons 40 birthday who shall remain nameless (Happy BD lac).

I belive the guys are called SUB 7 and are certified techs and were doing warrenty work on behalve WDP. They had some other stuff there as well !

fuxup

JAGUAR XS
Sep 19, 2002
USA
Visit site
Yeah i remember watching 1 of the teams on the SP field and the mid guy kept lighting up the mid 50 ,wasnt till the player stood up that he realised it was he's own player .....cant remember the team in question tho.....:D

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
trigger bounce.....

Originally posted by pauly
I know the blokes who got pulled for trgger bounce, we couldnt work out why the RT had trigger bounce coz they had to borrow one of our guns to go on with and we couldnt get it bounce when we tried it. I know that the Emag has a standard trigger setup on it coz it used to be mine and i only sold it a few months ago to a bloke on our novice team.
It may of been a fair call or a bad call but whats done is done,and thats 2p worth.
good call or bad call!

sorry buddy the point i was trying to make was that at the next event we will be ariving with up to 28 latest spec X-Mags and we can really rip them, so i want to ensure that someone witnesses them all as semi, at the beginning of the day to stop any probs later on. cos we get called every tourney for full auto, cos people (marshalls and organisers) cannot believe that we are pulling the trigger for each shot!!!! but belive guys..........we are!!!

trigger bounce

I am with the team that got pulled for trigger irregularities and I have to say that the triggers didnt bounce on either.I realise that marshalling isnt easy and I'm not going to argue with any judgement that is called but I also got pulled up twice as I was using an rt.
We did nothing to the triggers or markers but were allowed to use them on the next time we played that field!?
Like I said though...marshalling isnt easy!!:confused:

mikeanywhere

Platinum Member
The skinny on the M25 Event.....

Originally posted by sjt19
First off i want to say that the event was exactly what paintball in the UK needs, the facilities were superb

sam
Well done to everyone for a great days paintball and for the teams from the SWL that went to the "other side of the country." Heads up to DOA for a fine result and see you at Leg 2 if not before.

Now its my turn to put a couple of pennies in. Please note that is not a slagging of Liz or the way the event was run, more like a players perspective of what can be done to make it even better.

I agree with Sam, this is exactly what we need in the UK and as with any tourney there will always be things that need to be changed, so if some of these things appear really obvious, apologies for spelling them out.

1) My biggest gripe would have to be the late running of events ie. captains meeting and games as there was a time where we sat around for well over an hour and longer between games (granted not everyone but still a long time).

2) Chrono's - need to have more available to ensure that people when they get there can have a faster turnaround which allows teams to get sorted much quicker.

3) Chrono Area's - bit dodgy with that plywood in the state it was. Could have used some smaller bits of netting at the back of the plastic drums to ensure they stayed intact a little longer.

The main Chrono area needs to be netted or a different spectator route offered to ensure that spectators and players weren't in the same open area.

4) Marshalling was good but there were some dodgy calls made (not so much with us but watching some of the other games). I realise that they had some training recently but it would appear that some of their calls were not understood by the players - maybe its us that need the training instead!!!

Anyway, that it from me, see everyone at Leg 2.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
judging questions

I saw a lot of very bad judging. I saw some very good judging too. Missing a tough call is understandable, it happens. It's simple stuff like players getting shot on the break, and judges only looking at one side of a player, missing the hit, then noticing it 4-5 minutes into the game! It's things like players calling for paint checks for very obvious hits, and the judge telling them clean when they're clearly marked. It's the player who got shot by his team mate on the hopper, 3 feet from a judge who was watching the player, and not responding; it's the basics like that which need to be looked at. The Judges have to move about and get stuck in when they are needed.

How many did you have at Campaign?
At campaign Cup we had teams as on field judges. Then we had one person at each group of fields calling teams to the chronograph, and one judge per chrono. The guns were chronograhped, then placec in a rack to stop players from fiddeling with them. When the players were called onto the field, they tossed the coin, (which could have been done before hand) and went to their flag bases and started right away.
M25 has three fields, you could have one chronograph station, two chrono judges, and one wrangler to get the teams to the chrono, and on field on time. It means that there's less work for the on field judges, so they can focus on marshalling.