Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 Results!!

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Re: Re:

Originally posted by go-one
No I havent and no need to as my Angel has't gone down for nearly 3 years !

As for the X mags, I assume these are new compared to those you used trg at the LPS indoor in Jan & Feb (For which i was marshalling) As they continualy had breaking problems to the extent certain people deposited them on th floor in the middle of the arena. Both months !
I have nothing against AGD products as I still have a Mag set up as my backup and like the engeneering and design of the whole mag family. But when mags on STORM are seen to be having problems I'm not about to rush out and buy one !
Was that this year or last, as i was training at LPS in january this year and there was no problems with the markers. Please be more specific as what was wrong with them?

go-one

Thats this year ! Jan 19th was one, maybe one was dec last year ? When your marshalling 120 games in a day 3 months running it all blurs into one ! Feb I know they couldt fit in, not enough weekends !

The problems I 'observed' were just general feed probs resulting in spray can efect from end of barrel, and the odd gun packing up full stop. On two seperate ocasions JB deposited said marker in middle of arena ! (probably not helping by adding to the sand problem!)

These were just general observations, not the only guns to go down by far and did not have the time to enquire furter !

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by go-one
Thats this year ! Jan 19th was one, maybe one was dec last year ? When your marshalling 120 games in a day 3 months running it all blurs into one ! Feb I know they couldt fit in, not enough weekends !

The problems I 'observed' were just general feed probs resulting in spray can efect from end of barrel, and the odd gun packing up full stop. On two seperate ocasions JB deposited said marker in middle of arena ! (probably not helping by adding to the sand problem!)

These were just general observations, not the only guns to go down by far and did not have the time to enquire furter !
Fair Enuff:rolleyes:
Still a mystery to me:confused: :confused:
But i can promise you all markers are working now there isnt any problems with them as im aware.;)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Divisions

Dragging this thread back on subject (well, nearly), the divisions WILL be different next time. There isn't going to be a specific 2 up 2 down type situation, mainly because the entered teams and number of entries are likely to be very different from round to round.
The idea will be to decide where each team belongs based on past record, recent results and who else has entered as soon as the entries are in for each event, e.g. as Storm now has deposits in, their first team will automatically go in the top division as a pro team, but if a completely new team (i.e. never played a tourney before, and without any recognised players) enters, they will go into the bottom division.
Have a look at how Steve Bull does the divisions for the 2k3 series as that's what we are trying to follow. Seeing as Steve has to accomodate anywhere from under 30 to well over 60 teams at different events over the season, and he probably has the most current experience of running domestic events, we thought his method was the safest to follow.
BTW, re Impact there was a mix-up regarding which squad they were playing that day. I got the impression it was their mostly newbys squad that played Hilton Park in February that was attending, whereas they played more of their main team. As soon as we both realised what had happened, they offered to move up a division but as this was on Sunday morning it was too late to change everything. If you have any info of this kind you thing may be useful to us for deciding who belongs where (e.g. blooding new team members), please tell us when you put your entry in!
If you look at the timing of the M25 tourneys you'll see that they are all 2 weeks before Millenniums, this was intentional so that teams could have a decent warm up at 7 man just before the big ones. This means that for a team (like Impact) who want to be stretched a bit, being put in a lower division than they merit isn't as much good to them compared to maybe ending up in a higher division than they might be. Again, if you think this would be useful for your team make sure we know before & I'll put you in the higher group if where you belong isn't clear cut.

Please bear with us on this. I was out of playing for nearly 6 years and since then I've mostly played up North so don't know all the southern teams by a long way. I'm very happy to listen to any suggestions from people about where different teams belong, and owe Beaker big thanks for helping me getting it closer than I would have done on my own!

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
seeding future events

Liz,

We have the beginings of a national ranking system, this system auotmatically seeds teams into their divisions, it is based on their status, their current form, and any series points they may have accrued.

If we can be of any help at please all it takes is an e-mail, but I will need all of your results.

Steve has sent me the results from SK3, and Sid is sending me the results from the SWPL. I am feeding the Euro indoor results in, and have the results from the MM entered as well.

The MM uses this system to seed all of our events, it's not perfect but what do the teams think?

Blakey MM.

go-one

A national ranking system has got to be the way ahead for any 'SPORT'. If the M25's are added to Blakeys system it will be a true representation and will help (organisers) when teams travel to leagues they do not normaly play also !

As with any system there will be the odd glitch or misplacment but untill we have a 'registered' league system akin to kissball or the old style HCL then this has got to be the best step forwards for a long time.