Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Most accurate - Air rifle or Paintball Gun

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
how about i shoot you with both from 10 meters and you tell me which one hits you in the bell end and that's your answer!
You may have to explain what a bell-end is....:p
Brownie you deserve everything you get for asking such a dumb-ass question,at least your grammar is gooooood;)...

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Depends on the person shooting them both i think is probs the best answer.

In theory though an air rifle i think maybe the question should be .177 or .22 (my opinion .177 lol) but probs a wrong question for this forum. :D

woofie306

Apocalypse Paintball
Feb 10, 2008
Cambridge
it is a bit of a dumb question but i might aswell awnser it
i am very into air rifle shooting i have a Weihrauch HW30 and god is it accurate
still though mate you shouldent talk about air rifles on a paintball forum lol
im sure ther will be air rifle forums who will awnser more than i could

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Depends on the person shooting them both i think is probs the best answer.

In theory though an air rifle i think maybe the question should be .177 or .22 (my opinion .177 lol) but probs a wrong question for this forum. :D
So how exactly do you equate that calibre size increases accuracy?
If that were true wouldn't we be using .50 Paintballs these days?

Oh and is "Calibre" spelt "Calibre" in english or "Caliber" which i think is another Americanism?:confused:

"God i hate Americans......we were here first so get over it"!:rolleyes:

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
"God i hate Americans......we were here first so get over it"!:rolleyes:
Just remember that they are our retarded offspring.

The calibre thing is something I've been thinking about though. The only force slowing a paintball down is air friction, so surely a smaller paintball would mean a more accurate paintball with less arc? I can only guess it has something to do with impact force being spread/amount of fill/standardisation? Anyone have any info on this?:confused: (might as well make use of a silly thread:p)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Well. I will say Retard first, as it is only polite to do so;)

May I ask, why do you want to know?

In theory, if i were to give you a paintball gun and an air rifle and asked you to hit a coke can from 10 feet away, but bent the barrel on the air rifle, you would most likely hit the can quicker with the paintball gun.

But, if you shot both at a target, the air rifle would shoot smaller tighter groups (group size is measured, by the actual size of the group minus the diameter of the projectile, so it is comparable).

A Rifle, is so named, because the barrel contains spiral grooves which force the projectile to spin, as it moves along the barrel, so stabilising it.

Also, an air rifle, shoots a solid pellet, whereas a paintball is irregular and fluid filled, which affects its ballistic qualities greatly.

And yes, .177 is more accurate than .22 to a certain extent, but has less ability to buck the wind.

The .177 travels at around 900 feet per second and the .22 around 600 fps. And produce similar muzzle energies at these respective velocities.
Slower, heavier projectiles, are less affected by wind, than faster lighter ones. They use .177 in competitions, because a faster, lighter projectile, shoots flatter. But most of these comps are shot on indoor ranges.

Paintballs are limited by us to a maximum of 300 fps. Technically, because they are not classed as firearms (as stated in HO Guidelines to Police), we can shoot them at whatever velocity we like, but we don't, because of safety for us and just because it is better to err on the side of caution when it comes to Firearms Law.

And no, they don't teach kids anything in Schools these days.