Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My Experience as a Noobie

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
So im a newbie, having played a few times at bedlam and deltaforce i caught the bug, and started to look into paintball more, joined this forum and another.

while waiting for my first Walkon(which was yesterday) i tried to gain as much info as i could, asked lots of daft questions, which can be found in here and pondered over markers, which to get, mechanical or electircal? milsim or tourney style?
should i get every accessory under the sun, scopes, sights, lasers?

I followed the general advice of get your mask first and everything else can follow. which is spot on, cant play without one and having your own, comfortable mask with thermal lens, so you dont steam up and cant see is so much better than the ones you get in the rental packages.

ive yet to get a marker and made sure i didnt do anything daft until i had actually been to a walkon day.
I arrived at the scottish paintball centre and everyone made me feel really welcome :) and everyone gave me great advice and hopefully made a few more friends, i rented a tippman 98 and played a few games,talked to some guys using x7 phenom and a5's and held them etc, then Craig Gassie Pattison, let me try his daughters marker on the range and also let me take his marker onto the field in a game(which was an eye opener). I know what type of marker i want now :), Jim from the Warriors also let me try a marker which he had possession off(wasnt his lol) , which was awesome too and not a brand new gun, which has led me to think that just because something has been superseded with a new model, doesnt stop an older gun to work. so im now going to get a budget togeather and probably buy a 2nd hand Marker(more homework required).

so im going for a tournament style marker, like an ego, etek, axe etc. im not getting scopes, sights, lasers, as i dont need them.

why am i going for an electro?, because i found the others to be very heavy and running around all day takes its toll.
having to shake the 98(so the balls load) while being stormed from the opposite team isnt the best lol .

ive also purchased a new top(pe top) as my bright blue hoody made me stand out lol. im also gong to get a new hat, beenie or baseball or what ever, as getting shot on the nut is very sore lol

im still a noobie and havent became a wealth of knowledge over night, but now i know what i need/want in terms of gear, this should lead to hopefully not wasting any money and the moral of my story is dont jump into buying anything, get your mask, get playing and make some new friends, it amazed me friendly everone was and willing to let me try there stuff, another player lent me a pair of gloves and im glad he did, when i got shot in the hand and as above others let me try some markers etc so i could see the difference and make up my own mind :)

ill add to this post as i grow and gain some proper knowledge :) , hopefully it may help another new person

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
What a great post mate! Glad you had a good experience at your first walkon, we all know how daunting it is when you turn up for the first time :)

You couldnt have met a nicer guy in Gassy, top notch fella, and very knowledgeable to boot.

Its weird how this community works isnt it? I mean, one minute we are lending each other £100's of gear/markers, the next we are trying to shoot each other :D

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
Thanks, its great,still cant believe how nice everyone is, was very nervous turning up by myself but hey im ment to be a grown up lol, plus there was no need as everyone made me feel so welcome ;) and i won a v force grill mask in the raffle (must be beginners luck) so now i have a backup mask :),
pics from the day are here if anyone wants to have a look, im the guy in the bright blue addidas hoody with my bumb sticking out :ROFLMAO: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.484124528348390.1073741861.404212503006260&type=1

tom_lindsay

Oct 25, 2012
Good post and you're correct to get a torney marker, when I started I thought the bt4 looked really cool I was loving the milsim then I quickly upgraded to a bt4 erc with electric trigger and hopper. Then after a couple of walk ons I realised the gulf in performance between my electric marker and an actual tournament marker. Now i've just bought my second tourney marker sold my first tourney and because ill not get much for my other I keep it to lend friends if they want to come.

I have only been playing 18 months but I also can't believe how friendly people are and how you can walk off a field chatting and laughing to the guy you've just had a gun fight with.

Anyway welcome to the sport and have fun balling :)

Adam97

Jul 26, 2013
Great post, im a noob on this forum and know nothing about guns, sadly but as i work as a marshal some of the others there have allowed me to use there guns to find out whats best, and i also get to watch people get shot when unaware every saturday, I LOVE PAINTBALL haha

Adam97

Jul 26, 2013
indeed i have a great advantage, and im taking hold off it especially as some of the people i work for have been playing paintball for ages and were a great team when they played.