The Home Of European Paintball

My future!

SantaCruzScotty

Plat Member - Samurai!
Oct 24, 2010
Cardiff, Wales
www.facebook.com
!!Sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

I find my self in a training course that gives me £10 a day that im in (£50 a week) and im now 19 years old and want to start looking towards my future.

I still have dreams of bodyboarding pro, playing paintball all my life, but i know i'm going to have to get a job soon in my life. I have a "Pass" mark in I.T level 2. Currently working to improve the level to the equivlent of a "merit" or "distaction".
I was wondering if anyone would give me ideas what i could plan my future round, whether i could start off in to a small paintballing shop and maybe someday make my own paintballing shop?

I don't know, (Hint the thread and the pleade for help!) but i want to focus on one thing and complete it and get in to a job that has good pay.

If i could have any suggestions i would really appreciate it. (try not to d*ck about!)
Cheers

ian_posh

TEAM DOMINATION
Jun 9, 2010
Design on photoshop etc.

Who knows maybe one day a designer maybe needed for the likes of dye

SantaCruzScotty

Plat Member - Samurai!
Oct 24, 2010
Cardiff, Wales
www.facebook.com
Theres not much i could do to sorta shout out "HEY LOOK AT ME! IM GOOD AT PHOTOSHOP!"
I'll hopfuly be doing photography next (academic) year. So i just hope i earn money to get myself a decent camera aswell to also show what i can do.

Cheers for your responce.

ian_posh

TEAM DOMINATION
Jun 9, 2010
Photoshop etc. meaning all things to do with design!

The paintball industry isnt the easiest industry to get into in the sleightest!

SantaCruzScotty

Plat Member - Samurai!
Oct 24, 2010
Cardiff, Wales
www.facebook.com
nah i understand that!
but like FOR EXAMPLE! Dye say we need a new logo, how would i apply for it if i havnt got photoshop (Being as it costs £100 Odd?)
but i honestly wouldnt mind working in a shop selling paintball gear and what not and then maybe someday own my own shop?
I want to stay in this sport as welll as others.
but i honestly don't know where to go/start the path of it.

zendeejay

NCLE LOCKDOWN 2011
Sep 24, 2009
Newcastle
Zebrahead, What are you wanting to do other than the pipe dreams stated. Is there something you think wow i could do that??? if so my only advice could be to knuckle down and work hard at it. I was in the same boat as you, @20 i had no ideas of what i wanted, @21 i got offered an apprenticeship in bricklaying, by 24 i was finished and working in holland and germany laying synthetic flooring ( i know it had bot all to do with brick laying but i took the chance and offer). Now i'm stuck in an office pushing paper as a buyer for a construction firm. I still haven't reached my goal of what i want to do but i don't know how to get a break in it after all my enquiries. perseverance and who you know is the key. Good luck in the future.

SantaCruzScotty

Plat Member - Samurai!
Oct 24, 2010
Cardiff, Wales
www.facebook.com
Zebrahead, What are you wanting to do other than the pipe dreams stated. Is there something you think wow i could do that??? if so my only advice could be to knuckle down and work hard at it. I was in the same boat as you, @20 i had no ideas of what i wanted, @21 i got offered an apprenticeship in bricklaying, by 24 i was finished and working in holland and germany laying synthetic flooring ( i know it had bot all to do with brick laying but i took the chance and offer). Now i'm stuck in an office pushing paper as a buyer for a construction firm. I still haven't reached my goal of what i want to do but i don't know how to get a break in it after all my enquiries. perseverance and who you know is the key. Good luck in the future.
Thanks for that!!

But I dont like anything like bricklaying or anything along those lines... maybe in a garage but not so much as something else...
19 and this is where i start worrying about my future, i really should have listened in school...

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
get yourself to uni and do a design (if you want to be a designer) or business (if you want to run your own shop) degree. then if you dont quite make it youll have some proper qualifications to fall back on

SantaCruzScotty

Plat Member - Samurai!
Oct 24, 2010
Cardiff, Wales
www.facebook.com
get yourself to uni and do a design (if you want to be a designer) or business (if you want to run your own shop) degree. then if you dont quite make it youll have some proper qualifications to fall back on
I have my level 2 in I.T., so how would i go about that? D:
im pretty nifty on the computers and gadgets, but im not sure how to find my way to owning a shop... Is it worth popping along to a small shop and asking the manager how he started or?..

Cheers

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
id say join the prison or police forces, room for improvement and good training however now i know what i know about the prison service i would go to uni and do a degree in business and accounts. even open uni is good. im doing an open uni in ppe and its real good. education is the start of any future.