The Home Of European Paintball

New Gun, Is It Any Good????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierans93

KIERAN-UK14
Sep 30, 2007
GLASGOW, SCOTLAND, UK
Hey Guys, I'm new to the site and I'm pretty new to paintballing. I am really into paintball now and only just purchased my own gun; for the last few months ive been using my friends old 98. When it came to choosing my gun it was between an ION and a 98 custom. Reading some reviews i heard that the ION was more for going right into the field, and the tippmann was more of a snipers gun. But I also heard the tippmann could be customised to be as good as an autococker.:cool: So I went with the Tippmann. This is my setup:

Tippmann 98 Custom ACT Response (Response Trigger Built-in)
Dye Ultralite Black Barrel
Tippmann Triumph SL200 Electronic Hopper
V-Force Pro Shield Black Thermal Mask
20oz Co2 Canister with ON/OFF Switch
Paintball Gun Remote ON/OFF Coil
2000 Proto .68 Caliber Tournament Split Colour Balls

TOTAL PRICE: £346.75 (inc VAT and all shipping) :eek::eek:

So guys is this a good choice, do i really need the response version or should I save myself £40, do i really need an electronic hopper or will one at £5 do. Is the standard barrel on this gun really THAT bad? And do I need tourny balls at this stage, just mucking about with my friends. Let me know if my setup is any good, or if you reccomend anything different, but I did read the response should be a must have upgrade..........:confused:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

G

Gassy

Why the huge script you noob.Everyone could read just aswell in normal size.

There fixed.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
hang on i need my red filter glasses now :p

and no it dont sound good, for £350 on the classified you can get air ( much better thank CO2 ) a decent electro marker and a fair electro hopper goggs will only be £15 so much better spend your dosh on here. if you need any help with markers or prices drop me a pm

telow teabag

1stwave.piczo.com
Jul 18, 2007
preston (nw)
If thats too expensive... then buy 2nd hand. Buying it 2nd hand will save you alot of pennies ;)

could get an upped ion £110
3000 psi air £30
egg £30
good goggles £30

thats £200.

Status
Not open for further replies.