Status
Not open for further replies.

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
some things never change.

Iam not going to read the whole thread but from the first few posts you can see not much has changed on these boards.A guy posts in the "newbie" section asking for advise and we give him gems like."what a rip off" and "go get an electronic marker to play in the woods with" .Fantastic advise,and people on here have the nerve to "wonder why uk paintball is in this state"!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
Iam not going to read the whole thread but from the first few posts you can see not much has changed on these boards.A guy posts in the "newbie" section asking for advise and we give him gems like."what a rip off" and "go get an electronic marker to play in the woods with" .Fantastic advise,and people on here have the nerve to "wonder why uk paintball is in this state"!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I don't think the game is in a state, I just think too many players think you have to shoot loads of paint to be a good player:(

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
i think the game is in a state when "newbies" post in the "newbies" section and get the kind of "advise" this lad has got.Hes going to think that most paintballers are rude and do not offer any advise to new players.So why would he want to get involved further in "the scene".??:confused:

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
i think the game is in a state when "newbies" post in the "newbies" section and get the kind of "advise" this lad has got.Hes going to think that most paintballers are rude and do not offer any advise to new players.So why would he want to get involved further in "the scene".??:confused:
If he wanted to be treated with "kid gloves" perhaps he should've posted on CBeebies site.
He asked and was given honest feedback,now he has 2 choices he can ignore the advice or continue onwards from his "learnings",and as most posters on here will tell you they've done the same as all newbies and are able with hindsight to offer their advice.
Perhaps we should have patted him on the back and told him he made a fantastic uneducated decision,but then we still would've been wrong.
If people ask but can't take the negative replies perhaps they shouldn't ask.
Tbh m8 I don't think your reading the sentiments correctly and if it's "wobbly bottom lip" time perhaps he shouldn't be entering the mainly adult world of paintball.
If you read my thread I personally don't think he made that much of a boo-boo,I did worse and yes I would play walk-ons with a tippy;there's no need for him to be discouraged,MHO;)

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
Well, yeh. He only asked for advise, but got insulted instead of just being advised, end of.

That is what this section was to hear to do....HELP PEOPLE.

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
Well I hope I put up a decent enough post for him....
I went from an Icon LED to an Ion then to a Shocker and now an Etek...... All in a year.
I think I might have found a gun I like lol
Good luck to him and he should keep playing!

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
Well, yeh. He only asked for advise, but got insulted instead of just being advised, end of.

That is what this section was to hear to do....HELP PEOPLE.

Yeah but why help people when you can just insult them and call them noob?:mad:."Look how cool i am dude,i owned a noob on baller cos he had a tipman and wanted advise on the newbies section,what a noob he was,iam a real paintballer cos i use the word dude and wear Dye shorts after a tourney and if I hold my new 07 ego in my lap on a strange angle I can get 22 bps,so iam much better than that noob"

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Yeah but why help people when you can just insult them and call them noob?:mad:."Look how cool i am dude,i owned a noob on baller cos he had a tipman and wanted advise on the newbies section,what a noob he was,iam the man,hes a noob":mad::mad::mad:
looks like someone has been spending too much time on PBNation

Status
Not open for further replies.