Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie - Markers

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
At the moment the speed 05 is about the best value for money out there. Put it this way until i got an Angel one, i was still shooting a speed 05.

mike_measures

live forever
Jul 1, 2006
the angel speed 05 is basicly a fullllllllly done up ion for a lot less

and peronaly it looks so muc better

but then you might like the way the ion feels

but why spend alot of money on getting a marker when u will have to replace it when u need to to upgrade

Jack Bauer

Dec 23, 2006
Ah my favourite topic!! Markers!!

There's no doubt that the best value would be going for a second hand marker. You can get some serious bargains especially for Angel markers which are some of the best out there. That's why I have an Angel One as part of my arsenal!! :D

However, if you're like me and like to have everything brand new and shiny (no shame in that at all mate!), then the ion is definitly one way to go but there could soon be another more exciting prospect on the horizon!!! :cool:

Smart Parts are soon to release a new model for 2007 called the Epiphany and by all accounts it look like an amazing gun for the money!! I can't say from personal experience whether it's any good yet, all I can say is from what I've heard from countless lucky Americans who've managed to test the gun out, and they all raved about it!

It's set to cost about $400 in the US which means that it'll probably cost us about £200 when it gets over here. IMO this looks like a very sexy gun and with it's features, looks to be a better buy than the ion. Ok the ion is £70 cheaper but you get well more than £70's worth of upgrades with the epiphany!! :D

A word of warning about the ion though, yeah it's cheap but it provokes most people to spend an absolute fortune in upgrades! My mate who's played only a handful of times has bought one. Shortly after, he purchased a new barrel, QEV, clamp feed, drop forward and board. All in all he must have bought at least £300's worth of upgrades! You'll find that most people get carried away with their ion to the point where they've spent as much as the cost for a new shocker!! Absolute madness!! :eek:

As a rule of thumb, you should always buy the best gear you can afford. If you can't afford much then perhaps save or buy second hand- second hand guns are great bargains!! ;)

adamski

cantsnapshootabarndoor
May 28, 2006
silly suffolk
wdp angels

get a second hand angel very good gat and good value for the money.Ring lips up and buy from there if you dont know what you want or want advice they are a wdp service center so know the angels inside out and thats were most people part ex old angels in for the new models.not only that they will garuntee the marker as well as service it before selling it to you

adamski

cantsnapshootabarndoor
May 28, 2006
silly suffolk
its were i got mine in september £260 mint blue 05 less than one year old ,played with twice before being part exed in for an angel one. love it to bitz but get the usual oh its an angel blah blah blah from people .but as i said realy suits me (other than the feed port which im changing)