Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie questions

Yaris

Greg(Hawks)
May 14, 2007
1)Reason delta force does not allow own guns and walkons is they dont get to take more money from u,people who go to DF spend more on paint then any other site,but DF does have some good fields(just be carefull going to DF as there are plenty of other palces that would look after u better)

2)NO point useing co2 on a ion as Mr mayhem knight said it will cause u more problems then u want, also any site not useing air is a place that u migth want to miss out for time being.

3A)A Tippman is good for almost everything as they just dont brake(apart from a piece in the hopper)tippmans can be changed to play any kind of field as u have alot of options eg barrels,triggers and many others upgrades, i myself am not a fan of the tippman but i do use a shocker..and i do rate the tippman for all newcommers as it is by far the best marker with less hassle.

3B)Ion is also a good marker and for the price of about £130 u can buy brand new or even cheaper nowdays,also have alot of upgrades but is more for close up shooting compard to the tippman which is able to do long distance and close up,if i was going to choose one it would depend on these.
Test both before u choose what field u want to play.
If i was playing Woodsball then i would have a tippman.
If i was playing tourney then i would have an Ion.

Those are what u need to decide before u buy a marker., one u ahve decided u can then buy your marker and if u have the cash then i surgest u buy both, u will always be able to sell them on if u dont like.

4) I myself dont know of any sites but i will look into it for u and get back to u on that one.

Hope the info helps and if u need just PM me and i see what i can do for u.

telow teabag

1stwave.piczo.com
Jul 18, 2007
preston (nw)
For sites near manchester I know only of Northern Quarter which is sup air. If you go to Northern Quarter then pack only what you need as there is a hill you have to walk down to get to the site and then walk up at the end of the day. If it has recently rained the hill will be moody and rolling your kit bag up and down it will leave it looking ver messy! I would recommend trying to go to Northern Quarter so that you can get a good idea of what sup air is like and at £15 you don't have to rob the local Post Office. You can use your air systems there by the way.

If you are willing to travel a little. There is a good woodsball site near southport -

frontlinepaintball.co.uk

That is a Woodsball site that also will let you use your own marker and your own air or CO2 depending on whatever you want to use. There is a walk on there on the first sunday of every month except January (as everyone has empty pockets after christmas). Everybody is nice and friendly there.

What I strongly reccommend doing is getting a 2nd hand ion with a few upgrades (look for ASA, an upgraded feedneck and an upgraded barrel), a
2nd hand decent hopper (egg/halo/empire), a 2nd hand mask (you live in manchester so get to www.planeteclipse.com , theres a post code on the website, put the post code into aa route finder along with your post code and print off the directions. It isn't that far away from the trafford centre. When you get there have a feel of the ion to see if you like it however, the main reson for going will be to try on every mask they have as whch mask you like best is almost a complete personal choice), and a 2nd hand air system (try get 3000 psi with a few years left before it needs a test or you could buy new for about 50/60 £)

Try and buy 2nd hand as it will be almost certainly be good quality items you buy and you will save alot of money.

your looking at 2nd prices of about:

ion : around 90 depending on the upgrades and quality/age/amount of use.

hopper : 30-60 depending on which one you want and the quality/age/amount of use/make .

3000 psi air bottle : about 20-40 depending on quality/age/amount of use/how long left before it needs a test.

mask : 20-40 for a decent one depending on the quality/age/amount of use/make.

You could probably find a package deal of all these items which would save evan more money if you waited a little bit for it (maybe a week or less).

Once you have this kit try Frontline and Northern Quarter to see what you like best. The ion will be ok in the woodsball and ideal for sup air. And because you have bought a 2nd hand ion if you decide you want the Tippman you can sell the ion without loseing much/any money.

Have fun!

Kevy D

Retired, lol
Aug 6, 2007
Northern Quarter
Telow & Teabag, very very helpful indeed mates, many thanks for that.... me and Redish used to live about 2 mins WALK from NQ and didn't even know it was there, so will deffo take a look, do they allow random spectators too? (in case we wanna venture up there one Sunday and have a nosey).

I reckon I've decided on an ion for now, but will need to get saving if I want a 2nd hand one as I was planning to credit-card it for now, LOL (you know how it is)

telow teabag

1stwave.piczo.com
Jul 18, 2007
preston (nw)
If you wanna spectate I don't see why they wouldn't let you if you were polite. I don't know for certain though, PM markie C, he runs it. I think you might have to get yourself a mask. You could take a fiver and ask somone if you could borrow there stuff for 1 game, just an idea. They can only say no.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Hi Redish. Delta Force don't allow players own Air or Co2 bottles at their centres for reasons of safety. In the past, when this used to be allowed, we caught (luckily) a relatively new player screwing his co2 valve into his bottle by hand which would then have been passed to our staff to fill - this is extremely dangerous as the valve could have come unscrewed and caused the bottle to rocket - a life threatening occurrence.

We are however running trials on compressed air, H-Pac have built us a compressed air system at our latest centre which opened just this weekend. Air is actually cheaper to run than Co2 once you pay back the initial set up costs, but more importantly air is more reliable and consistent than Co2, which is why many companies are making the switch over to air. However, with 22 centres and about 7000 co2 cylinders currently in use, it just wouldn't be possible for DF to switch all centres in one go, and i'm sure H-Pac couldn't keep up either :)

RedishPaintballVet

Semi-retired
Aug 10, 2007
Warrington
Thanks for the info Gups. I assume you work/worked at a Delta force site... Will a site therefore let you use your own marker if you use their gas canisters?

I only ask since I am going to the knutsford site in a couple of weeks and might have found a marker by then and it would be nice to test it out there.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Thanks for the info Gups. I assume you work/worked at a Delta force site... Will a site therefore let you use your own marker if you use their gas canisters?

I only ask since I am going to the knutsford site in a couple of weeks and might have found a marker by then and it would be nice to test it out there.
Yes, I work for DF :) Yes you will be able to use your own gun provided you use one of DF's Co2 cylinders and your gun can be chronographed to 280fps or below (bring your own tools to adjust velocity). You should check that your new gun will operate on Co2 before coming to the centre. Although our managers are pretty knowledgable, they don't know every gun on the market.

All our co2 tanks are standard 20oz, giving a pressure of about 800psi - tho this varies with temperature. The antisyphon inside the tank is set up to operate with our Infernos, so it may not align properly with your gun.

I hope you enjoy your day :)