Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

newbie starting in surrey

Imsi

Jul 3, 2013
surrey
www.mhallheating.com
hi all
i am fairly new to the whole paintball game and have been asking loads of questions about what markers are the best and where to play etc.

so far i have been switching between decisions on which marker to buy and am currently hooked on a planet eclipse ego.

i play in cobham at campaign and think that its great. if anybody can recommend any new sites or other markers then please do as it would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: HypedPaintball

Huffy

May 16, 2011
Imsi get yourself down to the campaign walkon 2nd Sunday of every month (next Sunday ) you should be able to get some good feedback from the own gunners regarding kit and markers , don't rush into buying all your equipment straight away start with a good mask and go from there.

Imsi

Jul 3, 2013
surrey
www.mhallheating.com
Ye
I was there yesterday, speaking to the manager who advised that the planet eclipse ego is pretty bullet proof and should be fine to buy second hand.
Not too sure which model thoe. 08-09 etc.
With the masks im currently stuck between the vforce profiler and v force grillz
Any advice on this?

Huffy

May 16, 2011
Personally if your just starting out personly I would look more into getting a PLanet eclipse ETHA or the ETEK3 or 4 , the ego8-9 are excellent markers but are a few years old and will still cost you £250+ 2nd hand so for a little more you can get a brand new PE Etha with a warranty . All PE markers are excellent so you can't go wrong either way but my suggestion would be the ETHA or the etek for a first marker

The vforce masks are okay but not my preferred choice so I can't comment , I wear dye i4s love them but not great if you have a big head .

Imsi

Jul 3, 2013
surrey
www.mhallheating.com
I was actually thinking of buying an etha new for around £300
Only reason i was going second hand was that most of the second hand ones come with the air/gas cannister.
Thanks again for your advice

Huffy

May 16, 2011
It's not just the marker you need to take into consideration , you will need a bottle and a hopper , a decent 2nd hand carbon bottles are £80+ and you can pay anywhere from £20 -£150 for a decent hopper . The biggest mistake new players do is they rush into buying all the kit and making some costly decisions !if you do you research and ask the right questions it will save you money in the long run .

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Army-of-Fools-Paintball/207517632643148?ref=hl

Imsi

Jul 3, 2013
surrey
www.mhallheating.com
One other question i have that you may be able to help with.....
The gas cannister. Ive seen ones for sale that are 3000psi and dome at 4500 psi. What is the difference and which one would you recommend i purchase?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get the right equipment,
And like you say not rush into it.

Thanks

Huffy

May 16, 2011
You have two main types of bottles - a steel bottle that are mostly 0.8l and rated to 3000psi these can be purchased new for about £30 or a carbon fiber bottle than are 1.1l or bigger and hold 4500 psi . You can pick these up 2nd hand from £60+ or new for around £150 ish . The obviously the bigger the bottle the more shots you can get . Most players choose to use the 1.1 carbon bottles as they are significantly lighter than the steel bottles and by having more air means you can stay in the game longer . If your planning to shoot a ego - Etha-geo- etek type marker you really should use a carbon bottle as the steel ones are very heavy on the marker. If your planning to get a 2nd bottle you need to be aware that bottles do have a test date on them . Most bottles have to be tested every 5 yrs a max life of 15yrs you can not use a bottle that's out of test , this is for safety reasons.

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
Mr. Huff is very through with his replies :)

I hope that you have your own Goggles, proper footwear, knee pads, pack and pots before you come out playing. Its not all about the gun, but its about safety first.

Reading your earlier comments, the Ego9 has a better solanoid design as the Ego8 requires replacement diaphrams after a period of time or use.

I would recommend just asking to see if you can put some paint through peoples markers at the next walk-on as there are a lot of different markers to test at campaign, just remember to give the paint you use back :)

Gun choices are personal preference, I've seen a lot of woodsballers using egos because they also play big scenarios, thus shooting a lot more paint - the Ego series of markers have a fantastic air to paint ratio compared with spool / seer designed markers like the etha, axe, DM Series guns. Obviously the difference comes down to what feels right for you.

Huff has also noted that you shouldn't skimp on gear, totally correct as I bought a cheap package online and by the end of that year I had sold everything from it as it was not fit for purpose.

IMO - If I was in your position, I'd probably get the following second hand;
Pack; Proto or NXE/Eclipse £20.00 - £30.00
Goggles; Grills - suits everyone, cheap second hand £35.00ish
Playing Pants; £35.00ish
Loader; Halo 2 £30.00 or a Rotor for around £85.00 if you can afford it
Tank: 1.1L / 68ci tank £90.00
Marker: Geo 2 For around £300.00 which is a steal IMO - there are loads of Geo owners kicking about so if you've ever got a problem, you'll always be sure to find someone to help you solve it, smoother then the Etha and all round a much nicier piece of equipment to own, shoot and hold.

Imsi

Jul 3, 2013
surrey
www.mhallheating.com
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, your input has helped a lot.
I have since ordered a planet eclipse etek4 and a set of vf grills.
Regarding the air tank, i was told by the guys at lips paintball that a lot of places dont allow 4500 psi tanks to be used???
Does this sound right to you guys?