Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old school hoppers and accessories

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Whatever happened to the rest of the old school tech. The guns seem to have survived but what about the rest. The kind of Hoppers that looked like a plumbers spare parts box, pump action co2 changers and all the other gadgets and gizmos that magazines sold us.

Seems to be far easier to get the gun than the accessories.

Every phantom used to come with an WGP ammo box hopper, tiny 45 shot hopper that could only be fed with tubes. I Can't find any of the things anywhere.

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
I wasn't around when those things were being produced, but certainly now there don't seem to be too many in production. I suppose the need to fill a hopper quickly killed the ammo box, as you'd need tubes to use it properly, so that's probably why you can buy winchesters and sportshots more easily.

I suppose the old plastics were not as hardy as the markers, so they were either broken, discarded or forgotten about. The latter is what happened to mine before it was scouted in the bottom of a parts lot.
I'm sure if you posted up somewhere looking for one, you might have some more luck and someone will remember they have a few stowed away in their house.

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
died with the dinosaurs, guess there isnt a market for it anymore, what i wanna see back are the 12 gram holders people used to have round there arms or stocks...

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
I've still got the old hopper I used in my phantom looks a bit like a couple of bits of square guttering held together witha strip of heavy duty tape. I also have a stick feed and the 12gm unit around somewhere (as well as my old phantom)

thumper-section8

still pump'n - go figure
Feb 16, 2009
I know lots of folks still make stick feeds -- 3/4" PVC and Copper fittings from your local hardware store still work just like they used to..

another goodie is schedule 80 2" pvc pipe -- as used in "whalers" -- just add some 3/4" pvc for the neck, a 2" end cap and maybe a 2" scope lens cover.

in the "old" days of paintball, didn't people make there own out of like oil cans... or did i dream that?

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
The first hopper I bought was two pieces of capped PVC drain pipe bonded together in a V with a feed neck. Some hoppers were just a pot with a feedneck stuck on the bottom :)