Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There is always gonna be trivial sidetracks going on in any thread of this nature or scale but to answer Rewind's doubts concerning the motives behind this thread, I don't deny it's personal with me which inevitably means that I will attack the man responsible for so many wrongdoings in our sport.

There is no way you can keep a thread like this on track 100% of the time because barnett's actions will anger people and when that happens, it gets personal, that's life I'm afraid, and it's happened many times before.
I don't think the thread's main thrust will have been compromised just because it crossed over into a personal attack.
Him, and his deeds are inextricably interwoven such that it's impossible to criticise what he's done without casting some form of judgment upon the man himself.
Just because you attack the man does not necessarily mean you somehow undermine any attacks on his treachery.
They are for all intents and purposes one and the same.
There will be many posts that quote trivia but that soon loses interest or prominence, sooner or later, the main motive for the thread charges back into place.

WarFighters

Aug 1, 2013
HASAWA applies here 100%. Barnett is at work, he is running a paintball events business. He has to extend a duty of care over others which includes his customers.

HASAWA 1974

One of its five aims is. To protect people not at work from those who are

Section 3 requires the employer to ensure that people not employed, but who could be affected by his operation, are not placed at risk. The general public, customers, visitors or contractors attending the site might need training or supervision to minimise the risk to their health and safety while on site, or relevant personal protective equipment (PPE), along with training on how to use it correctly, may need to be provided.

Dave
DiPSM

I would wager that Barnett is not qualified to supervise an edged weapons simulation which involves physical engagement or sparing.

I doubt very much that he is insured to do so

First off if you watch the video one guy nearly gets it in the face and falls over. This could have resulted in an injury, from the hard floor, or the thrusted shank to the face. It's completely irresponsible and negligent for Barnett to have operated this activity. The video alone is evidence of a reportable near miss.

If that poor chap had been injured I guess Barnett would just close his company down to avoid the heat, but which company is that, the posters hanging from the fencing are for SHORELINE EVENTS, that closed down right?

**** game, **** operator, oversold and misdescribed ****, just another Shoreline epic, normal business admin, and all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: rewind

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
In not so sure Rewind is questioning your motives Pete , we all know it has personal aspects for you which don't actually detract the reader from the facts , I think he's making a good point about leaving the pettiness out of it for exactly that reason , if anyone wants to discredit this thread they can look out the more schoolboy elements of having a go at everything from what t shirts people are wearing to how slippy the floor might be ... who cares ? Shoreline won't lose any sleep over that ...focusing on what they are up to regards screwing over the industry is IMO the crux of the thread ..

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
You have a point WF but I'm not so sure anyone cares about that , if somebody gets shanked in the eye or thrown off the tier its threadworthy , if he hasn't sorted his RAMS your average paintballer doesn't give a **** , I'm not discounting your posts I'm just suggesting it looks like petty raspberry blowing ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dskize, thanks for the heads up mate.
Quite often I get things wrong like that and my only defence is my advancing years.
Essentially, you and Rewind are of course bang on the money and the last thing I want is for this thread to lose focus just because of trivia fogging the issue.
Apologies Rewind and Ds, I'll take my blonde wig off now :)

TrikkyD

Jokers
Jan 7, 2010
Nottingham
Team mate that was at Skirmish Nottingham walk on today posted this on teams Facebook wall.
"Also had some guys down that walked out of Tim's prison game... the all you can use paint was actually 1000 balls to be used over the weekend, a box of paint to buy was stupid price after that. no mattresses in the cells or any overalls that was promised, also they had a game in the cells that they had to sleep in so all the floors and was was covered in paint!, Tim also was offering food included in ticket price... well they dint have any food ready, they just went to Morrison and got a load of reduced stuff and made stale sandwiches. all they said is avoid and he is broke lol"

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Dskize, thanks for the heads up mate.
Quite often I get things wrong like that and my only defence is my advancing years.
Essentially, you and Rewind are of course bang on the money and the last thing I want is for this thread to love focus just because of trivia fogging the issue.
Apologies Rewind and Ds, I'll take my blonde wig off now :)
Appreciate it Robbo, Dskize summed it up. As I was going to after reading your initial post. I had assumed it was mis understanding.
And re. Doubts as to the motives. There are no doubts, mate, you make it all very clear. Often in elaborately descriptive ways that make for both entertaining and interesting reads. ;)
Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the player reviews of the game is, now a is said and done. (And how long it takes to clean up, along with the impact on the site owner and his business)

Last edited:

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Team mate that was at Skirmish Nottingham walk on today posted this on teams Facebook wall.
"Also had some guys down that walked out of Tim's prison game... the all you can use paint was actually 1000 balls to be used over the weekend, a box of paint to buy was stupid price after that. no mattresses in the cells or any overalls that was promised, also they had a game in the cells that they had to sleep in so all the floors and was was covered in paint!, Tim also was offering food included in ticket price... well they dint have any food ready, they just went to Morrison and got a load of reduced stuff and made stale sandwiches. all they said is avoid and he is broke lol"
It was advertised as ltd ammo, not all you can use, sayig the 1000 rounds was your lot. So not sure where that came from. The food thing is interesting if they are saying tb is broke, or that he didnt have enough to fund the food for the game. Fiscal issues worse than assumed?

oneijim

Never has been!
May 3, 2011
The dirty south
I saw some player pictures showing no mattresses. I did think that was odd. I heard about the food too but I read it was burgers, pasta, chilli, nachos and bacon. Apparently they did get some but it wasn't ready on time so guys were going to KFC and the shops.
How much was it for an extra box and was it cactus in the end?

oneijim

Never has been!
May 3, 2011
The dirty south
It was advertised as ltd ammo, not all you can use, sayig the 1000 rounds was your lot. So not sure where that came from. The food thing is interesting if they are saying tb is broke, or that he didnt have enough to fund the food for the game. Fiscal issues worse than assumed?
I think it was first billed as all paint included and then went to limited ammo and then the figure of 1000 came at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.