The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr P.Star 69

How do my balls taste
Feb 27, 2012
Spalding Lincolnshire
Sounds like a pile of s**t and the pictures ive seen show hardly 200 people. The place is covered in bird poo paint so best of luck cleaning that! The sad thing is you'll STILL get the sheep saying how amazing it was and this is why i walked away from my last team as i couldn't cope with the blindness and constant defending. SOA at MotorHog last year was a great event (wasn't aware of TB history) but now his time is clearly up with promises being broken and changed at the last minute to the players. Hopefully the sheep will one day see the green pastures on the other side of the fence and make the jump.
I'll now drop a mate a PM on Facebook who was there and guaranteed he will big it up etc.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Speaking to guys who were there on Saturday, they reckoned it was in the region of 150 people. It seems there was max 6 members of staff there and the general level or organisation was terrible with big queues and far too much down time throughout the day.

MoneySings

Sep 25, 2015
It was advertised as ltd ammo, not all you can use, sayig the 1000 rounds was your lot. So not sure where that came from. The food thing is interesting if they are saying tb is broke, or that he didnt have enough to fund the food for the game. Fiscal issues worse than assumed?
Originally, before tickets came out, he said it would be under £100, free food and drink, as much paint as you needed.
He changed it to 1000 balls all weekend and £75 ticket (but £50 induction pack that was mandetory... So £125 total)

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
On snorelines fb page, a few players asked the same question ' how much extra paint would cost '
The only replies i can recall were
' you won't be shooting more than 1000 balls ' or ' trust me, 1000 balls is all you going to need '
Not once did snoreline give a straight answer.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Ok so I'm new to paintball, and have been following this thread.

If that's what was in the induction pack, what was included for the initial £75?

Seeing these antics as a new player, makes me want to stay away from anything to do with the TB or Shoreline name attached to it.
Welcome to Paintball mate.

Just a quick heads up - there are Loads of decent sites, events and organisers. I'm not going to discuss them here as this is not the right place but trust me as long as you stay away from who you have mentioned you will not go wrong.

See you on the field one day.

:)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ok so I'm new to paintball, and have been following this thread.

If that's what was in the induction pack, what was included for the initial £75?

Seeing these antics as a new player, makes me want to stay away from anything to do with the TB or Shoreline name attached to it.
With this you can't play without having paid the full £125 so the pack wasn't £50 and the ticket wasn't £75
Effectively it's all inclusive at £125 and a deposit of £75

The big cost of an off site game is the venue and unique insurance
Limited paint and limited number games put the cost up as well as the profit from a lot of paint being used does not compensate

The paint may have been relatively expensive for shoreline as it won't have been a large bulk buy and he is running out of people to buy from - and may have debts with them too

Search out the thread 'what paintball costs'
It's a bit old now and is due an update, but gives general comparisons between punter occasional play, more regular walkon play and tournament & scenario events
The price goes down from punter to regular but can then go up with all the bells and whistles of events

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
With this you can't play without having paid the full £125 so the pack wasn't £50 and the ticket wasn't £75
Effectively it's all inclusive at £125 and a deposit of £75

The big cost of an off site game is the venue and unique insurance
Limited paint and limited number games put the cost up as well as the profit from a lot of paint being used does not compensate

The paint may have been relatively expensive for shoreline as it won't have been a large bulk buy and he is running out of people to buy from - and may have debts with them too

Search out the thread 'what paintball costs'
It's a bit old now and is due an update, but gives general comparisons between punter occasional play, more regular walkon play and tournament & scenario events
The price goes down from punter to regular but can then go up with all the bells and whistles of events
Pretty big assumption that he had any insurance in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.