Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Boy

Apr 8, 2013
After reading through the whole thread again (Not getting much work done today!!!!) due to the fact that my hackles are well and truly up for some unknown reason.
No that’s not true I do know why, it’s the fact that I truly believe Honesty , Integrity and a sense of doing the right thing should be pivotal to any businessman or person for that matter.

I don’t know the full history between Robbo and Mr Barnett and I do understand a lot of it is personal and that each has a view and I also have my own view.

Although a lot of people will see this thread as Criticism and negativity “including Mr Barnett.” Sometimes the language has been derisory / inflammatory or strong people have done so out of passion and a strong belief in what they are saying.

Mr Barnett however could learn from this especially if he listened to some wise and very, very clever influential people.

Criticism is driven by the frustration and fears of the giver, not from the needs of the recipient. The underlying assumption is that the recipient somehow "should know better" and needs to be set straight. The implied message is that the recipient's intentions are questionable, that there is something wrong with the recipient that the giver of criticism knows how to fix. In criticism, the problem is all in the recipient.
In contrast, feedback has an air of caring concern, respect, and support. Far from being a sugar cookie, feedback is an honest, clear, adult to adult exchange about specific behaviors and the effects of those behaviors. The assumption is that both parties have positive intentions, that both parties want to be effective and to do what is right for the company and other people. Another assumption is that well-meaning people can have legitimate differences in perception. The person offering the feedback owns the feedback as being his reaction to the behavior of the other person. That is, the giver recognizes the fact that what is being offered is a perception, not absolute fact
.”

-Gary R. Casselman & Timothy C. Daughtry

Now Mr Barnett is probably past the feedback stage in his life by the sounds of things so unfortunately if you don’t listen and take on board what is said because you let your own beliefs cloud your judgment you will inevitably at some point in the future fail & FAIL BIG!!

If you don’t take on board Feedback & criticism for what it is "which is a passionate form of feedback" and should be taken as such you will fail…………..

“You need to know about customer feedback that says things should be better”
Bill Gates

“If you don't get feedback from your performers and your audience, you're going to be working in a vacuum.”
Peter Maxwell Davies

My feeback to Mr Barnett at this stage would be to sit up and listen to what is being said.
This is not an ingrained attack on you professionally I would imagine most people reading or posting have no affiliation to either side however your rant at the UKPSF and how you would change it for your benefit quite rightly boils my piss.
I have never met you Sir however if you get the chance to read this an open explanation of your words / intentions and views on the average PEW PEW player would be more than welcome.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Seeing as this thread has once more gone onto the UKPSF i would like to point out that the UKPSF has up until recent times all ways been mainly a trade organisation for the sites and shops, it's never really been about the private players. How many private/player members had ever been invited to or in fact even knew about the annual UKPSF conference, very few i suspect.

Monkey Boy

Apr 8, 2013
@BOD probably not many. If I have misinterpreted the aim of the UKPSF or gone of tangent then I apologise.
If I am paying a subscription to a governing body I would like my voice to be heard and if I am mistaken and the UKPSF is purely a trade body then I best pull my membership now as I am not trade affiliated and I would hate to have had the wool pulled over my eyes as to the aim of the UKPSF to promote paintball to the masses and to legislate and legalise where necessary.
If this is not their mandate and Mr Barnett has legitimately made a claim for change amongst ONLY his PEERS then I best keep out of it as I will have nothing tangible to add to a trade discussion.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
@BOD probably not many. If I have misinterpreted the aim of the UKPSF or gone of tangent then I apologise.
If I am paying a subscription to a governing body I would like my voice to be heard and if I am mistaken and the UKPSF is purely a trade body then I best pull my membership now as I am not trade affiliated and I would hate to have had the wool pulled over my eyes as to the aim of the UKPSF to promote paintball to the masses and to legislate and legalise where necessary.
If this is not their mandate and Mr Barnett has legitimately made a claim for change amongst ONLY his PEERS then I best keep out of it as I will have nothing tangible to add to a trade discussion.
My post a few pages back points out where the players membership fee goes
If we are to discuss the UKPSF please bring it over elsewhere in the forum, such as
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/forums/uk-paintball-federation.37/

Monkey Boy

Apr 8, 2013
@BOD / @tommikka apologies guys if you think I have gone off tangent that was never the aim of me posting and the fact that I had was never about the UKPSF but about an individual and his actions and how they have affected ME.
The aim was to point out that:-
  1. As an individual, I found the screen shot that @Dusty managed to capture both distressing and an almost personal affront.
  2. As an individual, I wanted other likeminded people to have a “Light Bulb” moment,
  3. For them to be able to distinguish between right and wrong.
  4. I have my own belief of what the UKPSF brings to the sport and the thread is understandably not about that, but about an individual.
  5. If an individual made statements about something that I believed in then I feel I am duty bound to stand up for what I believe to be right.
  6. Hence the post.
  7. This is not about the UKPSF but about how I believe an individual’s actions can harm and degrade a sport that I have come to love.
    The context of my first posts may have been missed so I will try and be blunt as succinct didn’t quite hit the spot……
    How dare the gentleman in question think for one minute a post like that would go unchallenged by people within the sport.
    How could a gentleman like that think for one moment the underlying tone of derision for the normal punter would go unnoticed?
    As @Robbo has said people need to see the writing on the wall and wake up……
    If the gentleman can right that bollocks and think average Joe will just take it then he needs to be shown otherwise and if the UKPSF don’t want to condone / distance or comment on the comments made then that is upto them as a committee to possibly take the higher morale ground.
  8. The infuriating thing is I’m a nobody…….
  9. BUT !
    I COULD have been his next customer……………………………………………….

Reactions: rob 'tc' caine

sneakysnorkels

Jun 18, 2009
www.sneakysnorkels.co.uk
So back to the subject at hand, I thought it could be fun if we could sort the supporters from the non-supporters in a simple and effective way. If you would like Barnett to step away from shoreline and leave paintball in any capacity other than a player, then change your Facebook profile picture to this...
What do we think?
image.jpg

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
MonkeyBoy, this problem with barnett goes back years; the vast majority of our members know full well the animosity he invokes but on previous occasions he's squirmed out of any significant consequences but hopefully not this time.

I'm not sure as to whether quoted dignitaries spouting platitudes is going to be all that relevant or indeed helpful in this thread, it's gone waaay past such superficial intention.
With no disrespect intended, I'm afraid any appraisal that believes this is little more than a 'he said, she said' torrent of name-calling and derision is way off the mark and likely to come across as intrusive as against contributing.
This thread is a culmination of years of abuse suffered by people at the hands of barnett and I'm afraid that anybody who contributes to this thread who isn't aware of the relevant history will be unable to assess anything of use even with the use of scholarly quotes.

This thread is personal, I never denied that but I don't much like the idea of being bought to account by someone who knows very little of what's gone on beforehand and seems oblivious to the sensitivities.
My insults are mitigated and well-deserved because it wasn't you, or anyone else, who was called a cxnt on my own forum and expressed a wish I die of cancer two weeks after I had been told my wife had contracted stage-1 skin cancer.
Emotional clap-trap maybe but it is nonetheless true ....
I came under an avalanche of abuse merely because I was asking for the accounts of a charity appeal barnett was controlling ... he chose to attack me [not you, nor any other person] rather than address the request to publish those accounts ....

barnett has bad-mouthed me far too many times, and flat out lied about circumstances that never took place to people I regard as friends - luckily for me, friends like Steve Baldwin told me what barnett was saying behind my back because Steve knew I would never tolerate such cr@p being spouted about me.

Now I'm sure you might have been well-intentioned but next time you read a thread, make sure you try and appreciate the most serious of factors contained in it rather than seek to impose your somewhat naïve opinion on proceedings.
I apologise if I've come across as being over-sensitive or inappropriate but if you were in my shoes, of my character, of my state of mind, and of my history in our sport, then, and only then might you understand my position in all this.

Reactions: sneakysnorkels

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re Monkey Boy - I think he plopped right into the middle of this thread not really appreciating the emotion attached to it and I responded unfairly.
My reaction was predicated upon the fact he wasn't aware of a lot of what had previously happened with barnett and on that basis, I didn't think he was in any way qualified to advise anything because of this lack of awareness.
I'm sorry, the tone in the post above was a bit sharp but this whole saga has been a long time coming and I'm not really in a position where I can deal with people making mention of the insults I've directed barnett's way.
I'll be glad when barnett's been eradicated in our sport and in the meantime, I'll try and desensitise myself.

On another note, if I don't respect or like anyone, you might have noticed I don't capitalise their name .... they do not deserve such literal respect hence, 'barnett' being 'timothy'.. 'sables' being 'andy' .... and last but not least, 'ford' being 'dale' .. you get the drift anyways.

I've now realised that to use 'tb' for an abbreviation of tim barnett is a lot more appropriate because 'TB' is also used to describe Tuberculosis.

This revised nomenclature perfectly associates barnett as a disease - a blight on our sport to be treated with disdain and estranged, basically, he needs to be quarantined from the rest of us so he is unable to infect others with his unique brand of contagion.

Status
Not open for further replies.