The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Not really a new format or paintball 2.0 or such nonsense though is it. Used to be called walk on tournements or fun matches. Prize to the best player etc.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
We called them SOD's over here. Speedball open days, now changed cleverly to POD, paintball open days. A load of people would show up, pay some money and we'd throw mish mash teams together mixing old and new players up to give everyone some experience and a chance at the same time.

We weren't playing for prizes though, it was for the sake of getting out to play. remember those days? :D

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Pot calling kettle. Staargate Vs Star Wars, Sons Of Anarchy, Zombieland, Fight Club, Zero Two Thirty, these are all stolen IP and copyright used by Shoreline. They even ripped off the SOA logo and offered printed hoodies and T-shirts for sale on Bluewater.

Who's the thief?
This is something that's always wound me up about SL's events when I've seen them advertised. When you have other events putting the time and effort into vaguely original game concepts and back-stories it seems really lazy to just rip off ideas and even artwork from sources you don't own. Surely profiting off massive name IPs owned by movie studios is a very very bad idea? Would be funny as hell if Disney got wind of the fact they were using Star Wars and its closely guarded IP elements to hawk a scenario event in such a way.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
This is something that's always wound me up about SL's events when I've seen them advertised. When you have other events putting the time and effort into vaguely original game concepts and back-stories it seems really lazy to just rip off ideas and even artwork from sources you don't own. Surely profiting off massive name IPs owned by movie studios is a very very bad idea? Would be funny as hell if Disney got wind of the fact they were using Star Wars and its closely guarded IP elements to hawk a scenario event in such a way.
Though every one does it, and they didn't start the staarwars/stargate games they just kept it going when others packed it in, seeing as Steve Bull built the stargate prop at his site when he was running the game i can't imagine scenario games being played there being called anything else as it's quite a feature.
I can think off many other organisers who use film names and game names for their scenarios, warped sports among them.

Reactions: DBiggaFigga

WarFighters

Aug 1, 2013
Its the norm to rip off IP for games, plenty of other operators do so, so Shoreline is not the only offender. My company produces original artwork and video on all themes. There's nothing wrong with basing and idea on a theme if the imagery is not ripped off verbatim.

My point is that Tim Barnett is the first one to throw bricks and allege that he has had his unique concepts stolen, yet he steals IP all the time. Only yesterday he claimed one again that my company had stolen from him via his Facebook page, which was then deleted after people had read it?

For Zero Dark Thirty he is using the original movie poster, SOA has the original logo and so on.

Indirectly his partners such as Valken are supporting this via their sponsorship of his events.

Tim Barnett and his company Shoreline are stealing.

Next up. I received an email yesterday with regard to Fight Club?
The odd thing is I have subscribed to his emails, but yesterday I received two, one to an email that I never used with his company. Other people on Facebook are also receiving these emails from Shoreline.

The email I used was to vote for the Paintball Awards, I may be mistaken but I'm thinking that maybe this Awards Database list has been mis-used/sold to promote third party (shoreline)?

If Shoreline have used the Awards list to promote their company its illegal, it may also be an indication (in my opinion) that Tim is becoming desperate to attract the numbers he needs now that his games are being cancelled, therefore using any means available to attract the customers.

Reactions: Dusty and H

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'd like to see barnett perform in a real fight club but he'd be at a slight advantage because he would have no use of a groin-guard from what I know of him [her] .....
The only real fight club he would enter would be the one in his head where he beats up people at the drop of a hat only for the alarm-clock to go off and rouse him from his fantasy world.

The misuse of personal data information is entirely consistent with previous behaviours; if he has done it then I don't doubt for one second he's pillaged data from one event to help promote another ... as Dave [Warfighters] suggests, I think barnett is so desperate these days not to cancel yet another event that he will stoop to previously unplumbed depths in search of the minimum number required to ensure an event's promotion.
For barnett to cancel another event, it would prove disastrous for him and I'm pretty sure he'd be forced into still holding the event only to take any prospective hit, and swallow the inevitable financial loss.

But that's a short-term strategy and can only be maintained all the time there is enough dosh swilling around to support loss-making events - should circumstances force him into adopting this strategy then it's a downward spiral.
All his bullsh!t, all his vindictiveness and all his threats will ultimately make him accountable as he approaches a tipping point .... personally, I'd like to see him sink like an anvil amid all the crap he's created in the past few years.
Maybe Karma does exist [hopefully] and he'll have to account for what he's done to some people but I'd prefer to think he finally realises he has created his own downfall and it's been coming for some time now.
I'll resist the inclination to smile if and when it happens but instead of indulging myself in a smug smile, I'll laugh my frikkin head off ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It makes ya think, is he really that stupid, or maybe that desperate?
Whichever the case, he's making far too many mistakes lately if he still wishes to adopt the pretence of an industry conspiracy victim ... it's an absurd notion at best - at worst, it's the final rantings of a lunatic.
Personally, I think he's just desperate not to cancel any more events .... we'll see how that pans out for him in the next few weeks but I know one thing, this thread stays live ....

Status
Not open for further replies.