Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Shoreline events Ltd-Dissolved 18/08/2015

Shoreline Outdoor Ltd-Created 14/08/2015.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

Same address. Looks like he hasn't gone too far with his business. Now I'm not an accountant and am just a mediocre super sleuth but I'd say he is still around.

Stay tuned for the next instalment of Sid investigates...

Will we find out what truly made @Robbo go bald?

Are @Bolter Jokes the best paintball has to offer?

And is @Dusty in fact a Lebanese prostitute hiding amongst us under the witness protection scheme?

More to come.

Last edited:

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'm hearing of creditors within the industry being left in the lurch for sizeable sums - how can he have the audacity to wind the company up, stitch up others and then carry on as if nothing has happened?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I worked for a guy in CA that did this exact same thing multiple times. He'd start the company in his wife's name, then his in laws. Each time because it was a different entity he was scott free. They finally nailed him on massive tax evasion charges.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hmm, well I doubt too many people are rushing forward to give him credit now ...... in my opinion, this can now only go one of two ways, either down, or down :/
When I look back on this whole affair, it could have sooo easily been prevented:- all he had to do was to keep his word when he promised me he wouldn't include a certain company in any of the posts he made to promote his events on p8ntballer [for free] ..... and, if he hadn't told people, he had 'run me out of paintball' ..... when that got back to me, there was only one way this was gonna unfold.
Everything else he got up to with other people in terms of dicking them over in some way or threatening them, the whole 'Support for Soldiers' thingy, all of that was added to my ammunition box as events unfolded and the thread gathered momentum.

He never really managed to staunch the flow of revelations from disenchanted people who had fallen foul of his shenanigans and this thread afforded those people a sense of safety because they would never have come out and told their story had this thread not existed.

This thread then began to have a life of its own, and it's growth wasn't so much organic but logarithmic.
And when it breached 100,000 views, it dwarfed all other paintball threads, from what I heard, only PBnation had a thread of this magnitude but it achieved it over a much longer period of time.

All of tb's wrongdoings came home to roost in the garish clarity of testimonial declarations made in this thread.
I think some people will regard this as inevitable and possibly think it's a good thing but if only he had employed his skill-set more responsibly then he could have been a positive for our sport instead of the ghastly figure he came to portray.

The guy had some good ideas but maybe it's like saying, 'If my aunt had bollox she'd be my uncle' ... perhaps he could never disentangle his dark side from the pariah he came to portray.
I've upset a few people in our industry but I can honestly say, I've never had anyone over in terms of money or anything like that ... If his interests in paintball now die on the vine as a result of this insolvency notice above, he will leave a legacy that could have been so different had he behaved himself.

Basically, he thought he was more important than he ever was or could have been, his treatment of some of the most respected people in our industry was uncalled for and extreme.
I wish it had all gone in a different direction but it looks like he allowed his aberrant personality to play his hand and this was ultimately the reason that has brought about this situation.
In a way, it's sad it had to come to this and I never thought I'd say anything like that about him but he did have plus points but as I said before somewhere, ' ......So did Adolf Hitler' .... an unfortunate comparison yes, but not too inaccurate in terms of principle :/

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Based on what I've seen so far, he'll continue as always. They are still getting money off people for events like staargate and whatever other titchy event in another country with less than 50 players.

There will always be new chumps willing to fund his empire.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's standard practice for people who set up limited companies and then get into trouble.
With limited companies, all creditors can be left unpaid because the losses are 'limited' hence the title of the company.
Vat, PAYE tax and every other creditor all wave good-bye to any money they be owed if the company goes into liquidation with no assets.

They call it 'taking a bath', it washes all the debts off ... a phoenix company arises from the ashes of the old one with minor changes to the title of the company giving the impression of continuity from old to new but in fact, there is absolutely no connection with the other.

Each company is separate and therefore the assets of the new cannot be targeted to pay off the debts of the old ...
The only question is, where did the working capital of the new incarnation come from?
In a lot of cases of this type of commercial manoeuvre, the finance for the new company comes from stripping the assets of the old one, and then making the old company insolvent leaving the new one to trade without liability and partially financed.

However, we inhabit a relatively small industry and everyone will now know of this and will accordingly recognise what it is and why it was done.
This means there will be no credit lines given to the new company - it will be prepaid invoices from the get-go which tends to hog-tie the new company unless there is sufficient cash to finance the first few months of operation.

I think this will end up being a fruitless exercise that will ultimately end up with yet another erosion of cash-flow causing yet another crash.
In cases like this, you can only juggle the finances so much before circumstances undermine any resolve to stay solvent.
We shall see how things go in terms of our industry and our sport .. it should prove interesting !!

Reactions: Sid Sidgwick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I cannot fathom the mentality of some people and I can only think they come out in support because they believe they will be treated favourably by tb at some stage in the future .. people are mercenary sometimes and they camouflage blatant self-interest by appearing to come out in support of someone like him.
It's either that or they are barking mad .... take your pick !!

RobbieG1966

Shoot first .. Ask later!
Sep 20, 2009
Middle England!
The solvency will come from the masses of players wanting to play uber cool events and stump up the cash 12 months in advance.

Something that used to happen to his events - but these days the flash sales to events tell a different story - smacking of desperation to sell some tickets.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out on this one.

Reactions: Evil Rich
Status
Not open for further replies.