The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
As I said on a Facebook group I wouldn't be at all surprised if bluewater are holding all his assets and shoreline are holding all the debt, leaving him free and clear. I saw a statement from him saying this is due to his divorce and sharing assets? And it's "standard business admin" all of which just stinks of his usual BS.

Reactions: Evil Rich

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
He's going to keep going by the looks of it and screw the other companies he owed money to, what a charmer. Still, there appear to be lots of players unable to see past their own wallet who will keep his new business going.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Reb, I'm pretty sure the fate of his phoenix company will hinge precariously upon the cash-flow he can generate in monies up-front events .... problem for him is, how could you feel confident you can redeem your entry fee by playing the event in question, and that event being cancelled due to 'circumstances outside of his control' ..... there is no way I'd stump up any cash up-front for any event he might wanna promote in the future.

Mind you, some of those guys who play in his events sure do see things differently from our members such as yourself.
You in particular because you were one of his advocates and eventually came to see the light .... some of those guys must be getting twitchy feet as their money sits perilously in one of his accounts somewhere ...
I think things will start off relatively slowly but eventually there will be an acceleration of circumstance that will ultimately prove to be his commercial demise.
He better start juggling fast .... and not drop a single one lest the dominoes begin to collapse around him.

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
You'd have to be a sandwich short of a picnic to invest any cash in tickets to his events after seeing this. Anyone with half a brain cell should recognise this for what it is; dump your debts by refusing to pay your suppliers and then laugh in their faces.

Recently he's been doing loads of 'sales' and we've even seen another company selling his tickets cheaper than he does himself. What about all the early buyers that paid full price? They really should be cottoning on by now...

At some point the players will get stuffed over when he does the same thing in relation to event tickets. The more cash he has from this the more attractive it will be to close down and pocket the cash.

As sad as it is, whoever ends up in that position, after having all the evidence sitting for perusal, will really only have themselves to blame.

He's even told everyone in the past that he's run events at a loss 'for the players'. Actually, those suppliers who now aren't getting paid have just picked up the bill...

His biggest failing is in believing that everyone else is stupid. He thinks his customers are dumb, when they are composed of normal professional and intelligent people. When you are operating behind a false pretence, you can't keep it up 24/7/365 and intelligent people will eventually add all the slips together and come to see the true character that sits behind the curtain.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
He has another problem that will return to haunt him in one way or the other ... included in this recent list of creditors is someone you really don't wanna pis$ off .....

barnett has blatantly ignored all warnings not to keep pis$ing off the big boys in our industry .. it doesn't take too much to work out who stands to lose most out of the demise of the old shoreline ..... I've known this guy for well over 25 years and he's been one of the powerhouses of our sport in the past and he doesn't like being sh!t on ....

I'm afraid that if tb thinks he's gonna have a problem-free ride in the next few months as he tries to stay afloat using other people's money then I think he's made a terrible mistake.
Sometimes in life, circumstances don't unfurl themselves in the way that one wants or expects .... sooner or later, your past deeds will be held to account.
I ain't for one second suggesting anyone is gonna be doing anything in particular but as the body count rises, so does the possibility of retribution.
He's been warned on more than one occasion .... he has elected to ignore all of them.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Heading quickly towards 150k views.

Probably the biggest, most notorious saga in UK paintball history.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Things seem to be worsening on the barnett front as people scramble to distance themselves from him.
The irony of it all is quite sickening as they recall what they said to me when I warned them of what would happen.
I suppose I should gloat with a cynical smile from ear to ear on being vindicated but I don't feel that at all..
I feel disgusted that we allowed that as$hole to continue infecting our sport and industry ...... and for what ?????
A few hundred quid here and there?????
Surely not ..... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.