The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'll bet all my money on this being his exit strategy... And the people who's money he takes, will deserve it after all the warning bells!

Sort of a grab it all and run type thing?

I'd hate to be living my life relying on scamming other people. Must be a miserable existence.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Lee, he's a master bullsh!tter and so will twist the truth to suit his needs - he has no ethical / moral restraints as he goes about his business but it's the nature of the beast that he will inevitably cheat his customers by taking prepayments for future events and then pulling the plug and blaming the industry for picking on him ....

You'd have to have a screw loose if you handed over any money to him now - after all, if he can cheat Gino then he will cheat anybody ... and to all those brainless fools who believe barnett will treat them differently, they are mugs, absolute mugs, and are deservedly ripe for the picking.
He has given a whole slew of excuses as to why he cannot pay his creditors, none of which include him being responsible in any way. He blames everything on anyone or anything but himself.
He paints a sorry picture indeed but at least he's true to type and we can therefore predict with a fair degree of certainty as to what he's gonna do .... trust him at your peril !!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
One other thing that I find perplexing is the fact that two people, dale ford and mandy sables stuck by barnett all this time .... it makes no sense to me but I eventually realised that ford sold his soul for a few hundred bucks - it seems he was easily bought but I never thought he'd be that cheap ... he was a vociferous advocate of barnett and told me several times I was wrong about barnett .... I wonder how he feels now ?

As for mandy sables?
Well, his enduring support for barnett has been one of our sport's more remarkable of misplaced loyalties .... I wonder how he can look in the mirror now after what's transpired recently?
He should be ashamed of himself .... I know he's not much more than a tin-pot outfit but still, that's no excuse for supporting one of our sport's abiding con-men.
I can't imagine what attraction there must be between them but it seems to have stood the test of time - it just remains for the curtains to close on this whole affair and watch them both go down together ... Oooh, that sounds rather suggestive but I'm sure I didn't mean to infer anything untoward ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's true to say that barnett shafted Valken for a considerable amount of money, and when I say 'considerable', I mean a disgusting amount ... the scale of his subterfuge is mind-numbing, it beggars the obvious question, 'where has all the money gone'?
If you add up the amount of money he has just shafted his creditors for, you'd be pushing toward a six-figure sum - it's not easy to spirit away that sort of dosh and can only be done if there has been a systematic plan in place ... from what barnett says in his insolvency letter to his creditors, all the stock is gone, all the cash is gone, and all sense of responsibility has gone ...
I cannot see how he can avoid potential litigation, or more seriously, an investigation into the way he has conducted his business.
He ain't as smart as he thinks he is and will have made mistakes that will possibly cost him dear ...

Reactions: Spikerz

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
What boggles my mind at the moment is how a number of decent companies/organisations still seem to be working with SL for Staargate, which beside the UWL appears to be the only moderately successful event he's involved with.

Reactions: Spikerz

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
Someone, somewhere must be telling porkies....

Just read this on facebook.

Shoreline and Bluewater Paintball
****Rumours, rumours and more rumours - how very exciting smile emoticon ****

Yep, we've heard the latest internet rumours. Yep we've seen the photoshopped lettering being posted around. Yes we know where it came from.

Last week it was all about some guy being denied access to a game which was creating the internet drama for the week. Before that it was a charity fraud, before that a child abuse scandal, before that a conspiracy involving local government officials and the military and Shoreline. Before that a scandal about whether the owners of Shoreline were married or not, before that BBQgate, before that international drug smuggling..............yadda....yadda....yawn.

Shoreline operates lots of different companies. We open and close those companies for all sorts of reasons on a regular basis - its pretty standard business practise to anyone who knows what they are talking about. In the past 2 years 4 or 5 Shoreline companies have mothballed or ceased trading.....nobody noticed, its largely an admin process.

Yesterday we closed another. It had no relevance to the running of any of our events. It was largely an operating company which had fulfilled its usefulness. The company closed yesterday is not bankrupt. It is not liquidated. It has just ceased trading which is an admin status - like the 4 or 5 ones before it.

Today we are all sitting at our same desks, in our same office, writing on this same Facebook page, with our same website, same logos, same people, doing the same thing running the same Shoreline group of businesses.

We've just got back from running Tango Down last weekend, this weekend we'll be running our MSPL and in a couple of weeks we'll be running Stargate and UWL. The week after that we'll be in Toronto running our Canadian Big Game then back to run the Prison game and our Afghan game before we launch the Super6 series for next year along with the venues for UWL UK 2016.

Sorry to disappoint those who love the drama. Sorry to disappoint those businesses calling around teams and customers spreading nonsense. Remember the same people calling around when they thought Dye was closing? Same thing (but smaller scale). Sorry to be boring but.........nothing has changed.

Any customers who have bought tickets are unaffected. Just drop us a line on Facebook, email or give us a call on 01974 261 465 if you want a chat.

But this is yet another internet drama where people with their own agenda behave like hysterical teenage girls to try and whip up a drama that doesn't exist. Seen it many times. Will see it many times again. Standard. Yawn.

We'll see you on the field this weekend at MSPL or at Stargate in a couple of weeks.

Shoreline.

Status
Not open for further replies.