The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieG1966

Shoot first .. Ask later!
Sep 20, 2009
Middle England!
Unfortunately i think he probably sleeps very well as people like him don't think their actions are wrong so have no Conscience to trouble
Sadly, I believe you are spot on.

one thing that has got me throughout this are the people who's counter argument was to either a 'personal grudge' to whoever dared speak out or to say they were drama queens with nothing better to do, even with this whole thread to show why they had come to the conclusion that they did, while providing nothing constructive on the contrary.... Reminded me of this....

Thank you bullseye. That helps :)

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
He won't have any kind of remorse or bad feeling as he truly believes that everyone else is at fault and he is the victim. It's not possible for him to see that he is the common denominator in everything. He will honestly see shorting Valken of £60k as being what he is 'owed' for his promotion of them over the last couple of years.

As GOoch said, UKS was a great place and I met some really great people through that forum, both as a general user and then as a Mod. Again, as GOoch said, he moved his promotion to Facebook in order to retain sole control over everything. On UKS he used to use the Mod area to try and manipulate us. He would give 'heads up' on brewing situations to instigate the 'defend one of our own' mechanism and also had an influential say in where bans were considered.I believe his move to Facebook followed the incidents with me, Rob and Dave Thatcher and the fact that, instead of going quietly, we stood up and said our piece for all to see. At that point he didn't have the same control on UKS any more, as there were others that felt the same way, as we found out through private contact.

From then on it's fostered friction between many players that all used to get on great. There are those that still defend him and still haven't added up everything that he does. They surely can't miss the signs over the years. There must be things they've seen and didn't agree with but, like GOoch says, kept quiet to avoid the inevitable aggravation. I've had another one block me in the last few days, after making comments about being involved in 'boring spurious drama' and being called a 'bellend'. This from a guy that I used to have a great deal of respect for and considered intelligent and unbiased.

The really interesting thing is that I don't believe any of the 'haters' they refer to have ever used their continued support of TB to decide to call them names, block them or refuse to speak to them. It's the defenders who are quick to jump on anything where we exercise our freedom to speak, but never do the same when he does much worse. I can't recall one little pip when he's been blatantly attacking many of the people that have now spoken up in this thread. Why is that? Easy, because they really know that they would just become the next target if they express any kind of 'disloyalty' and breaking of the ranks; ranks that are diminishing by the day.

It really is water off a ducks back and of no consequence. The reason being that we know it is inevitable that they will fall foul at some point, whether tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, the year after......it will happen as sure as night follows day. He just can't help himself. Can anyone really be blind to the amount of people that were close to him at some point, who now have no qualms about voicing their experiences?

This whole insolvency letter thing is another clean example. If this had been the other way round, with another company, or companies, having sent him letters that essentially said, 'I'm not paying you the tens of thousands of pounds I owe you, but I'll be carrying on my business as usual', I can guarantee you that there would be an almighty furor from the direction of TB followers about how wrong it was.

As long as he is around the 'drama' will continue, simply because it is a result of the way he conducts himself and treats his 'friends', customers and business partners.

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Robbie, a cracking post ... not just because it happens to coincide with my opinion but because it's a measured take on proceedings that's borne out of direct experience of dealing with barnett .... if there's any sort of post that will prove to be the tipping point in this sorry saga, it will be from people like yourself and Gadget, Mick [Reb], Lee Wickham, Dave from Warfighetrs and others of that ilk.
Those guys were once advocates of barnett and defended him up until the curtains were pulled back and they finally saw the light.
There will always be a hard kernel of players who feign 'support' for barnett but they are merely trying to ingratiate themselves with him in the hope he will reward them in some way for their so-called 'loyalty' ....
I don't know if your post will prove to be the actual tipping-point but we're not far from it, I know that much.
It's never gonna be an instant demise for barnett, it's gonna happen incrementally over several months but it is my belief this latest explosion of posts will nudge us inexorably closer to barnett's curtain call.

One last thing concerning barnett's strategy of dealing with people who criticise him - quite a few people have voiced concerns in the past and cite one of the reasons for them not posting anything critical of barnett were the potential 'consequences'.
The whole landscape has irrevocably changed now by the like of those guys just mentioned who effectively ignored any consequences and posted.

But with so many disenchanted souls who've finally decided to make public their concerns, not one of them has suffered one damn thing from the hands of barnett's delusional mind.
And that's because?
It's because all barnett has in his armoury is, lies and BS.. and if that don't work, more lies and BS !!

That's been the methodology of his marketing from year one ..... the only problem with that strategy is, it has a shelf-life because lies catch up with you eventually as he's finding out.
As for any physical threat as a consequence of personal attacks upon him?
He's not in possession of the necessary mentality or skill-set, he probably beats people up all the time but I'm afraid the arena for such displays of fighting skills are only resident in the program code of 'Streetfighter'.
Real life is another 'game' altogether ....

WarFighters

Aug 1, 2013
Just for the record, I've never defended Barnett.

He conned me for free HUMVEE vehicle hire where I told him to forget ever dealing with me again.

He then launched a hate campaign saying that I stole his tactical game concept that was to be held at my own tactical paintball centre. After that he did his best to have me removed from the UKPSF which failed. Barnett turned nasty on an independent operator and used his sheep to discredit and smear untruths and false rumours within the paintball community to alienate my company.

Well I've done my bit for the paintball community, helped promote and build the MAGFED platform, operated FREE games at my site and others for Tippmann, given my time for FREE to the UKPSF.

What has he ever done for nothing to support ballers? **** all is the answer, he may have given em discounts and freebies, but at some other companies loss. Those idiots out there who look at him as a mentor and person of authority are imbeciles, the ones that sit back for freebies and put up with his destruction of UK paintball need to grow a backbone and ditch the **** asap and support the honest operators who will be here to support them long after Barnett is gone.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
................... But what does this all say about our industry where we still have some people continuing to do business with him?

Is it then fair to ask the question, 'have we really been reduced to a level where principles can be so easily prostituted for a few hundred quid' ?
It might be early days yet but surely this recent batch of revelations must prick the conscience of some of those who continue to associate with barnett .... I suppose we'll have to wait and see how all this shakes out but I'd like to think that eventually there'll come a time when people realise their connection with him becomes shamefully untenable if not downright inappropriate .....
I'd also like to think our industry has some semblance of integrity flowing through its veins but the longer these associations remain intact, the harder it will be to believe we possess any meaningful notions of fair play. I wonder how many more messages/texts I'm gonna get with those fateful words, 'You were right' ..... first, Simon Cole and now Gino ....
I don't think I'll be contravening any confidence issues with Gino [Owner of Valken] but while we were discussing barnett, he said something like:-

'I try to give people a chance Pete, and he does me for [approx] 60 thousand' ......

Those are the words of someone who's been profoundly and callously betrayed but then again, this wouldn't bother someone like barnett ... Gino's misplaced trust in him was regarded with such treacherous disdain and yet barnett continues to infect our sport with his own special brand of business ethics.
Our sport / industry need an enema .....

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
What pisses me off the most is that I'd love to play UWL, fancied it since I first heard about it from the states. Unfortunately the UWL in the UK is a SL operation and I just don't want to support their enterprises. Considering the reports of squiffy turnouts at their other events, th UWL appears to be a genuinely successful league. Loads of teams play but I suspect this is more due to the excellent format than loyalty to TB.

Reactions: Bondage Bunny

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
One thing that occurred to me that puts things in clear perspective:-

He publicly labelled me, Rob and Dave as thieves as he alleged that we 'stole' an event idea from him. As he said then, there was no legal basis for that claim. He just had a notion that he'd been wronged. The cult following were up in arms.

He's now just done three companies out of almost £100k of real product, using some legal sleight of hand. No-one says a word.

Make your own mind up.

One telling point is that his latest rant has about 10 responses in some form of mild support, and none from anyone well known. Two years ago there would have been a huge level of support being shown on those posts, many from some very well known scenario players.

That has to show that some just don't agree with him or aren't prepared to declare in public any more. They must know in their guts that there is a good probability they could could end up falling out with him too, when they inevitably get shafted. People aren't stupid and have a measure of self preservation so as not to look a fool when the inevitable happens.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
There are other companies who HAVE been done over too who haven't yet been mentioned either.

I'm curious as to why a certain company not named shoreline is handling shoreline event's ticket sales?

GOoch

Aug 26, 2015
I agree with both Rob and Mick, ive stayed quiet through the years.

I certainly agree with the manipulation of UKS Mods from behind the scenes, and the targeting of so called trouble makers / points of interest, that was prevelant throughout, however more so during the super 6 stuff.

But in the grand scheme of things, theres a point when you have to look at what went on in the past with others and personaly, and whats recently happend, stop gritting your teeth and speak.

Im wating for the blocking from people.
But if they are that gullible... What the hell go for it, you dont deserve a second thought, the hit and run comments and single phrase posts serve no purpose, whats the point.?
Its like trying to make a point, without acctualy making one.? Weird..

These people know exactly whats going on, and have for some time, but again choose to ignore whats screaming at them right full on in the face.

A tactic thats used to discredit people speaking out about him is, make people look lower than low, seedy bedsit types.... or however he likes to describe them. ..( most on here will know all about this)

Well im sorry to disappoint, ive got a very good job, a cracking house, brand new car, im feeling very fit and healthy with my loving lady and kids, quite a picture acctualy, Loving life, Living the dream.

Not your sterio typical TB drama lama, hater, troll, worthless type... ( however portrayed )

So TB What have you got, NO wife ( i personaly thought the world of her, shes one of lifes good eggs and a charm to talk to ) shes aledgedly seen the light and pssed off, you have NO real job or prospects, your house is very likely soon not going to be yours anymore, NO real friends, they are all to scared to call you out, and question what your doing.
And your no dout going to have important people in suits sniffing around you in the comeing weeks.

One thing you DO have though champ... You've got your Precious Face Book and all the Likes... Enjoy.

Ho yea nearly forgot, youve got the bottom of the next Gin bottle..

Not a great look is it.!

Haaa, sits back with a coffee.

Good luck sweet heart xx

G

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
Anyone got a bedsit to rent? Must be large enough to run a multi national events company and corporate megastore.

Sorry, below the level I normally like to post but really couldn't resist after reading Goochs excellent summary above. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.