Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As the days before staargate begin to trickle through barnett' s fingers, the significance of the event is absolutely critical to his survival in our sport/industry.
Never before has so much been dependant upon one event such that it spells the end for barnett.
As to why?
You need cash and/or credit lines to function as a promoter and staargate would provide him with a stay of financial execution but if for any reason Steve Bull doesn't feel comfortable having barnett as a business partner, it's over for barnett.
And so, we now approach the final days ......
I would bet my house that barnett is already thinking about his exit strategy and how he will blame Steve Bull [and others] for the cancellation of the event but the vast majority of players know Steve and are well aware of his integrity and professionalism.
barnett is now indulging in brinkmanship in the forlorn hope Steve will allow the event to be held with barnett as a partner.
I don't know the full details of what's going on between Steve and barnett but I'd guess any dialogue must now focus on money with the prepayment of monies to Steve before the event gets the green light.
From what I know of barnett's present cash position, he's not capitalised, he's skint and has little to no wiggle-room left .... my guess would be there'd be some sort of time-line given to barnett to come up with the dosh - it remains to be seen if barnett can lay his hands on any money.
Wow, it all comes down to this next few days ....

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
You really think Staargate is under threat? It's normally a big seller ticket wise, unlike most of TB's other events which are small potatoes compared to the big boys. I was getting the impression that there was enough other people involved in it to keep it propped up.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I would very much hope the event does go ahead but the real question is whether barnett will still be involved.
An essential part of that event is gonna be paying the site owner for the use of his site up front - all trust issues and credit lines have now been cancelled after what's transpired with barnett's choice to cease trading with his company and his consequential refusal to pay the 60 grand he owes Gino/Valken.

Regardless of how much money has been taken in ticket money - or who has control of it, I think it's fair to say, the site will need paying before the event and I'd guess, no such undertaking has yet taken place.

This will go down to the wire because if he cannot lay his grubby little hands on some dosh, he's gonna try to maximise the effect of any cancellation such that he can readily and predictably blame others and prevent someone from continuing with the event. It's classic megalomaniac thinking, he really doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
With all this going on. I wonder if TB will be at CPPS this weekend with a shoreline stall?

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Yea I saw the post about valken still coming down and fulfilling their end of teams sponsorships but I wonder if TB will have his own stall and selling whatever he has like previous events.

GOoch

Aug 26, 2015
You know what, thats just dog **** whats happend to Starrgate.

I remember going way back, this was always the main event of the year, i remember seeing certain players at that event, and no other events in the country.

I had mates only turn out and play for that one Event, players turned out in there hundreds, and it was brilliant.

The last few years the events had what looked like 150 players Max, the players party looked utterly deserted.
Obviously in TBs eyes and marketing BS there was between 500 700 players, however many he spouted off.

Bully should get this event back, and run it propley, get the traders back in, and make it a really good time.

This event is seriously that one event when done right, i personaly would pick my marker back up and play, a true mates game.

Trust me, i know a shed load of players, and a good few teams that would play it.

come on Bully do your thing fella, make Staargate great again.

Or at least, rent the wood out to someone who acctualy gives a fkuc

G

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I can only guess at the frustration and anger Steve Bull must feel because of the position barnett has now placed him in.
Steve really needs to take a shower .....

The only problem I can see in the very short term is the staargate ticket money sables has got because if he hasn't already handed it over to adolf then anyone wishing to still run the event with no barnett will need to claim that money to finance the event's continuance.

Hmmmm, I wonder what sables will do?

a) Will he give, or has he already given the dosh to barnett.
b) Will he hand the money over to the person(s) running staargate.
c) Will he stuff the money into his back-pocket and try to whistle innocently.

I doubt c) though nothing much surprises me anymore.
I would think he's already handed over most of the money to barnett but in what form remains uncertain but he could really be leaving himself open to something fraudulent.

His only way out if he wishes to restore any integrity is to hand over all the money he has to Bully - The rest falls into place thereafter.

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
Staargate draws big numbers?

Bahahahahaaa!!!

Maybe if you go back a few years, the last one I was at (2013) was pretty quiet, safe zone was quiet, game zones were quiet, party was really quiet.

I brought it up that the event seemed more quiet than previous years and was told I was wrong, that there was 600 players there. Which was really funny since there was photos taken during the compulsory safety brief in the morning and when someone counted all those in the pic there was only around 120 people there. But don't fear, It was then said that they were all just off shot, they were all at the toilet, cronoing and at the food stand......yes, that's right, 450 players didn't attend the compulsory safety brief.
You know, they must forget photographers actually take pics at events lol

Status
Not open for further replies.