Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA goes 15bps/ramping

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Originally posted on PA forum by Russell...

"OK the home office has agreed to the ramping gun issue and the PA has decided that from round two all divisions will be allowed to use ramp modes in their equipment if they want.
All markers must be capped at 15bps and will be checked during game play.
The full wording of the rule will be posted and added to the PA rulebook in the next few days.
The rule will state the allowed types of ramping but in essence we will keep it the same as the psp used after we suggested it to them.

Now if you looked at the title correctly it says new rule's and the other rule we want to go with is.
We will be reducing the fps from 300fps to 280fps, the 300 limit has been around from day one when you had to run 100 yards before you saw anybody and in the modern game 280 is no problem to any player.

So first three shots in semi mode only and then after you attain five balls a second your marker may ramp upto 15 bps. if you stop firing for more than a second you will have to start again.

Hope you all enjoy

Russ"

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
quit bitching Rich:p a lot of people I know set their markers up to 280 anyway and its no big deal. 280 will still reach the end of the pitches we use anyway. Just because you can't hit anyone anyway doesn't mean you have to find a scape goat in the form of a rule change:p

Speak soon punk;)

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
280fps is actually a legal requirement so I'm told.

Paintballs over time have became heavier. Because of this they are getting close to the maximum impact lbs before a marker would have to be reclassified.

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Little difference

280 as opposed to 300, will make no difference at the P.A. With the short(ish) fields and the amount of close play no one will notice! The total difference would be to slow the ball, from one end of the field to the other, by about 0.016 of a second!

ca$h+guns

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
not trying to be an arse but.........

you state that you have to hit 5bps before the ramping to 15bps is activated, how exactly are you going to enforce this? isnt it gonna be the same as the hidden modes we have at present, or is the 5bps just a guide?

cos i would expect a lot of people will have 2bps as the activation

as i have stated above i am not trying to cause an argument, just clarification is required i think!

well done Russell finally a series on this side of the pond with a level playing field for all!

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Originally posted by John C
Can someone direct me to the Home office website or some other media where the alteration to the law is documented.

That would save me having to 'cold call' the home office.

Thanks
Sure John,

Just get in touch with Steve Bull from the UKPSF.
It was the UKPSF who took our request to the Home Office and all letters go direct to him.
This rule is not a blanket rule across paintball in the UK.
Some people have convinced others that they can shoot quicker anyhow and it will be up to the individual organisers to decide what mode to allow.

Russ