Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pa Has Taken All Teams that dropped out to court, (EDITED DUE TO MISREAD BY SOMEONE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Here is some gossip for you, Russel smith as chief money handler for the PA has been signing letters threatening to sue teams for leaving there competitions. (All that 14 day rubbish etc).

This is just something I have heard from 3 teams so far , why does this rubbish happen in the paintball world.

Want the funny side the documents mean absolutely nothing , nothing was signed and they changed there contracts as they went along , let me think change of venue, ramping issues etc.

Now tell me Russel has not got money interest in the PA.

Watch for the counter sue on what they are doing , bye bye PA.

Backfire or what, they are shutting themselves down, its wrong.

LEE RED HEAT

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
RED HEAT RECIEVE LETTER

Thanks mark for starting this thread off. Well just when i thought my paintball journey was all over a letter drops on my doorstep and i dare say a few other teams got these aswell. Stating that this is how the letter reads.

Dear lee
we are very disappointed that your team has withdrawn from the pa and need to remind you that you entered into an agreement at the start of the season to pay the full registration fee whether or not you attended all six events. Based upon that agreement , the paintball association turned away other interested teams who could have taken that place and subsequently organised the logistics necessary for your team to be a part of the league.

Further to your withdrawal from the league, we have been advised by legal council that we have legal rights to persue for breach of contract. If you do not contact me within the next 14 days to arrange payment of the outstanding balance, this matter will be taken further.

Yours sincereley ,

Russell Smith
Treasurer of the paintball association

with this came a invoice for £1300.00

Can i firstly point out that you the paintball association also made verball agreements with all the managers present regards what the event would have for 2005 not alot of these happened.
i then remember after the second event i approached Andy hatts with witnesses about and stated that iff things did not get better we would be leaving his words were well were not worried as we have got a team waiting to fill your position but can you let us now in advance so i let him now within 3 days after the 2nd event so giving him lots of time to sort his other team out. I also recall your comments at the presentation meeting that iff a team was to go and play other events like bullys or the mids masters they would be persued for the money owed also iff the team dispanded there would not be money owed or iff the teams position was filled. So in Red Heats deffence our position was filled and also the Red Heat A team has totally dispanded right after germany that was our last tournament.

Can i also point out that we have not signed any agreements whatsoever with regards to contracts. And myself and other teams have also taken legal advice today and you dont really have a lot to fight with, as my solicitor has told me today he would like to know what solicitor has given you such poor information. Iff we are going down the lines of verball contracts then we shall counter sue yourselfes for your breach in verball contracts too.

On the last note it is bull**** like this that is giving UK paintball such a bad name at the end of the day its a bloody hobby, and im glad that i quit over the last 2 years of playing i have seen alot of teams dispand and there are not alot of teams replacing them so Russel ,Hatts, Gillie i think you should look in the mirror before you end up with nothing And think in future before you do crap like this and give yourselfs a bad name in paintball !!!

See you about

lee

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
The gift that just keeps giving

1. I am shocked! That Russell is such a bad speller--or is that just Lee's transcription?
2. Lee, I am shocked! Again. Did you go outside the family for legal advice this time--or have you inadvertantly used the wrong pronoun in referring to your solicitor?
3. I have some reservations about allowing this thread but on the whole I think it is relevant--and sure to be entertaining. However, if the subject cannot be discussed and debated thoughtfully and deteriorates into a slagging match I will close it without hesitation.
4. Could we change mad dog's name to barking mad dog?
5. Do you believe in serendipity? Under the circumstances, I don't.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Sweet, finally we are competing on an equal footing with the US in something.

Litigation that is, not the paintball :)

I wonder if any of the teams that stayed on in the PA will be voicing an honest opinion about teams that left? Y'know like in that meeting at leg four...... cheated out of games, teams lacking commitment, sulking off 'cos they are getting spanked etc....
(Not my view, I didn't give a toss, but I bet not one of them sticks to their guns now). We stuck it out 'till the end of the season, I'm not bothered what anyone else does.

RED HEAT RECIEVE LETTER

Originally posted by LEE RED HEAT
Thanks mark for starting this thread off. Well just when i thought my paintball journey was all over a letter drops on my doorstep and i dare say a few other teams got these aswell. Stating that this is how the letter reads.

Dear lee
we are very disappointed that your team has withdrawn...

[EDIT ADDED: edited as an unnecessary great waste of space. TFP]

...im glad that i quit over the last 2 years of playing i have seen alot of teams dispand and there are not alot of teams replacing them so Russel ,Hatts, Gillie i think you should look in the mirror before you end up with nothing And think in future before you do crap like this and give yourselfs a bad name in paintball !!!

See you about

lee
I am shocked :eek: !!!

We pulled out of the PA and sent them a page long letter explaining why. Guess we will have to expect one of those letters, too!

Nice, guess we all will have to stick together and fight this one out!

Cheers,

Oli

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
I am more shocked that people who have been threatened with legal action are posting the contents of the letter in an online forum, along with publically stating an opinion.

As this is a public forum it's all admissible in court (or so I understand). That makes sense.

If it were me I would not be publically talking about this in a place for all and sundry to discuss .... just an opinion from down South though.

bruce

What do u mean i missed!!
Mar 1, 2002
This is a great piece of PR for the PA, how to treat your paying customers and ensure that you have more for next year

I can also add we have recieved one of these letter form the Pa also, intresting to hear from the teams who paid up all in advance and then left the PA who are looking to recoup there money back and yet the PA now seem to have gone deaf to these teams on this issue. As the team owned the slot if the pa had replaced (sold the slot) the team, then surely the oringinal team are owed the money from the new team for there slot??

I would have expected a copy of this so called contract with the letter to highlight the so called small print stating that we as team would be expected to pay the full season amount if we dropped out

Intrested to hear from all the other teams who left the PA due to one reason or the other , PM me in strict confidence if you want

Bruce

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
RED HEAT RECIEVE LETTER

Originally posted by LEE RED HEAT

On the last note it is bull**** like this that is giving UK paintball such a bad name at the end of the day its a bloody hobby, and im glad that i quit over the last 2 years of playing i have seen alot of teams dispand and there are not alot of teams replacing them so Russel ,Hatts, Gillie i think you should look in the mirror before you end up with nothing And think in future before you do crap like this and give yourselfs a bad name in paintball !!!

See you about

lee
:rolleyes:

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
bruce

Indeed

It's rather myopic that people are unable to learn from the past. I mean, the whole sueing everyone to protect revenue streams worked out great for Smart Parts... :rolleyes:

The PA is an infant league, and given the enemies Hatts recently made, and now this.....they should be thinking more carefully. Given the support they receive from many teams, I am sure they could get more teams involved next season. Following this road will only have negatives for them and they really should let sleeping dogs lye.

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
During the first year of the P.A. we put a team in and decided to try our luck..

We had team issues, that ment we were unable to put a full team into an P.A. event and as we had no spare players, we decided to not play one event.

We were asked to leave the P.A. and not given any choice about it. We were replaced stright away by another team.

The P.A. did not give us any help, just asked us to leave and not play any more events...

Left a bad taste.......when i have heard that later teams did miss events and were still left in.

Status
Not open for further replies.