The Home Of European Paintball

Paint

pupster01

www.Teamapoc.co.uk
Nov 13, 2001
Watford
teamapoc.co.uk
what is the best way / place to store paint

as i know to prolong camera film you refridgerate it ( yes i have hurd the stories of frozen paint) and i wondered if there were proticols to keeping paint.

i know this may seem a stupid thing to ask but if there are tricks to make you ball less likely to bound off rether than break i want to know them!!!!!

:D :( :p :mad: :rolleyes: ;)

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
i know a little.......

I am a newbie, but I do know a little bit on how to store paintballs. From my knowledge you should store paintballs in room tempurature and away from sunlight. If you store them in a place that is too warm the paintball have a tendency to become out of shape or lumpy. If the climate is too cold, well they freeze, and if you play with cold balls, they wouldn't break nearly enough. Like I said before, I have been playing for only about a month, so don't quote me on what I said. People that have been playing a while could name many more things, but this is what I have learned so far. I hope this helps. ;)

Manning26

You're right, Brian. Pupster, extreme heat makes the paint soft, and the cold makes it rock-hard, but it'll end up brittle. Aside from keeping it at room temp. and out of direct sunlight, if it's still in the case just put your case on a different side every day. Sort of a rolling sequence, first it's right side up, next day, it's on it's front, next, top, and so on. That keeps the paint from settling, and causing the ball to have a heavy side, so no loop-the-loop shots. That's all I got, eventually, you'll be playing and shooting so much, you won't have left-overs.;)

be warned paint that has got cold can look fine beautifull if it's possible. But when you hit the feilds it will smegg like mad in your barrel and you can expect it to break in your pots as well.

Really pain :(

Nice fresh paint will be shinny as it has a very fine coat of oil to help keep the balls all moving and not going flat, once it goes dull your looking at old paint. you can expect about a three month shelve life if you really look after it. Although I was paint sitting one of the boys box of blaze and that was 6 months old (he been a booring git and not playing much) and it was just fine.

I do a very good mother hen impression when it comes to paintballs. Not too many diffrences can't get them wet, keep turning, not too hot not too cold and don't drop the boxes cause you can get breaks in the bag before you even open the box.

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Nice fresh paint will be shinny as it has a very fine coat of oil to help keep the balls all moving and not going flat, once it goes dull your looking at old paint.
Watch out for Shearer Advantage. It comes with a matt coating, almost like it's got a light coating of very fine powder. Don't confuse it with old paint!