Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Photography

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Not bad for a first effort, I see you ran them through CS5, your ISO speeds would have been lower with less noise if you had opened up the aperture a bit more, If you are concerned about loosing depth of field I'd suggest f8 for the moment, they are also lacking in a little sharpness at the smaller apertures, probably your lens is a little out of it's comfort zone.

I take it these are all uncropped, I think you might be noticing what I said about your field of view being limited in the viewfinder with goggles on!

I don't think you have done much post on these, but some gentle adjustment using the curves tool should help improve the levels on some of these and improve the contrast.

Remember the rule of thirds and try and keep the horizon level, e.g. No. 3 where if the horizon was level the gun wouldn't be pointing down.

You didn't ask for critique but I hope this helps.

AmyStroodle

Jan 7, 2014
Leeds,West Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
No no it's fine advise is good. :). All I've done to them in photoshop was adjust the levels a little to make the colours pop a little more (I did this in adjustments>levels not curves though)and cropped a few of them but wasn't too sure how they'd best be cropped.

It is indeed rather hard to take pictures with googles on and due to the bright light on the day it was near impossible to review the pictures without leaving the playing area and checking them without a mask on.

I've never been taught the rule of thirds so if have to google that one I'm afraid.

Monkey Boy

Apr 8, 2013
Amy I would say perseverance a good towel for around your camera body a good filter and bright clothes with a good set of goggles for protection and some decent footwear.
Just take your time and enjoy the game once you know which way the game plays and how the players move you'll start to pick your best spots naturally
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: Kevin Winter

Barrage

Oct 19, 2009
Liverpool
I would also recommend shooting in raw. Yes it would bog you down with endless files needing post processing but the final images from a raw processed image is so much better than a out of camera jpeg. I find you can pull a lot of detail out of the shadow areas or pull blown highlights back.

I use to process my raw files in NX2 and photoshop (I'm a Nikon shooter, D3 and D700) but since purchasing Lightroom 5, my workflow and processing is so much better and less of a drag

Fizzgig78

The Cartel
May 17, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
Agreed about RAW, I always shoot in RAW and tweak in post plus the joy of something like photoshop is you can edit whole batches of images automatically and create presets to add finishing touches like the frames Monkey Boy has on his images above.