Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Platinum member?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Rosie said:
Baca, question, now us 'normal' members ain't got a sig, we can't edit the sig shown on our profile page...that gonna change? Not so fussed if it isn't...
What I *am* annoyed about is the fact that I signed up to the flipping Just affiliation scheme only last week & now I can't use it in my now non-existant sig :D
You think that's bad--I can't go all ghost cow anymore!

If it's any consolation your sig isn't gone, just no longer visible on the board. You should even be able to go and change it too--not that it'll do you any good until you go Platinum, of course.

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
Considdering P8nt has made something simple like Sigs available to only Platnum members....

Not to mention trader feedback!!!

Whitch in my oppinion should be a free service considdering

1:- Free trade is good for the sport... and making sure people can buy in confidence is even better..

2:- Other PB sites offer it for free...

im sorry... but the only reason i come here is its one of the most used paintball web sites in the UK, they know that, and there cashing in on it...

After reading the platnum B/S im glad im a regular walkonzone user...
Also, IMHO the F/Police are pretty heavy handed, hell, i wouldnt be surprised if i was banned for voicing my oppinion...
If i am.. i hope to see you all at tourneys.. (and thank god for proxys..)
If not.. i take my hat off to the F/P for me being wrong...

But it sucks @$$ PGI are cashing in on the fact that us UK paintballers use there website forums for the majority of Our communication!!
Obviously PGI are admitedly doing something right for us to be doing that,
But for them to do such an obvious cash in (Take advantage of the situatiuon)
bull**** just sucks in my view....

No offence to the fun police who seem to be decent blokes, but you sometimes make crap moderators due to the fact you ban people for voicing an oppinion well before any real discussion has taken place.. Do i really want to pay for a service that will be taken away from myself due to my oppinion being different from the "powers that be" here???
(i work at a site run by a company called Egosoft who produce games)
and there customer/forum base dwarves the UK paintball scene (sadly)
But i learned many important lessons there. patience and tolleration being 2 (No hints, honest..)
and i just dont think your "platinum service" offers anything decent..

Admitedly, due to my involvement in paintball, i will probably get platinum membership...

It just sucks because the way it was introduced.. to bag us of more of our hard earnd cash!!

Thats my Oppinion... And last i checked.. i was legally allowed to voice it....
(even though im very drunk and appoligise if my understanding is flawed.. But what fun would these forums be without a little controversy???)

D

duffistuta

Equinox said:
Considdering P8nt has made something simple like Sigs available to only Platnum members....

Not to mention trader feedback!!!

Whitch in my oppinion should be a free service considdering

1:- Free trade is good for the sport... and making sure people can buy in confidence is even better..

2:- Other PB sites offer it for free...

im sorry... but the only reason i come here is its one of the most used paintball web sites in the UK, they know that, and there cashing in on it...

After reading the platnum B/S im glad im a regular walkonzone user...
Also, IMHO the F/Police are pretty heavy handed, hell, i wouldnt be surprised if i was banned for voicing my oppinion...
If i am.. i hope to see you all at tourneys.. (and thank god for proxys..)
If not.. i take my hat off to the F/P for me being wrong...

But it sucks @$$ PGI are cashing in on the fact that us UK paintballers use there website forums for the majority of Our communication!!
Obviously PGI are admitedly doing something right for us to be doing that,
But for them to do such an obvious cash in (Take advantage of the situatiuon)
bull**** just sucks in my view....

No offence to the fun police who seem to be decent blokes, but you sometimes make crap moderators due to the fact you ban people for voicing an oppinion well before any real discussion has taken place.. Do i really want to pay for a service that will be taken away from myself due to my oppinion being different from the "powers that be" here???
(i work at a site run by a company called Egosoft who produce games)
and there customer/forum base dwarves the UK paintball scene (sadly)
But i learned many important lessons there. patience and tolleration being 2 (No hints, honest..)
and i just dont think your "platinum service" offers anything decent..

Admitedly, due to my involvement in paintball, i will probably get platinum membership...

It just sucks because the way it was introduced.. to bag us of more of our hard earnd cash!!

Thats my Oppinion... And last i checked.. i was legally allowed to voice it....
(even though im very drunk and appoligise if my understanding is flawed.. But what fun would these forums be without a little controversy???)
See my last long post for the whys and wherefores, but basically you are right - we are doing it for the money, absolutely. This is a business just like other and we need to make money - and we are not forcing anyone to do anything. Plus we continue to offer a free service (unlike most businesses).

As for banning people left, right and centre, that is simply not true. The moderation on here is amazingly lenient most of the time and the mods do a great job and a lot of work helping people out that never sees the light of day.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
i dont understand why people are unhappy. You can still use the forums for free. you dont have to have platinum membership to enjoy the benefits. big deal if other sites offer some of the services for free. This is PGI's forums and they can damn well do what they like.

who on earth have they banned for voicing an opinion? I voice an opinion every day which is usually regarded as idiocy and i seem to be doing fine.

If they didnt cash in the website would be removed and you'd be moaning even more.

Typical brit ballers whining...

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
They're just bitter they can't have retarded signatures monging up threads...

Oh and to add in reply to Equinox, free second-hand trade isn't good for the sport.... If people are buying markers on the second hand market instead of new from retailers then less money goes to support the industry.

Contary to that you have got all those marker tarts buying things up left right and centre keeping manufacturers afloat.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Mario - you forget that the majority of Brit ballers feel they should get everything for free.:rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with the Platinum Membership thing, what have people really lost? Sigs - can't really see the need for them myself, may be nice to have but that's it. Fewer PMs - learn how to do basic admin on a regular basis, or get people to use email instead. Trader feedback - we never had that in the first place, this is an extra goodie. It's pretty standard to have a "lite" version of a service available for free and the full version costing money e.g. AVG Virus scan (though must admit the "lite" is exceptionally good there) and LiveJournal (for blogs) both do this.