Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Portugal let's here your views !!!!

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
I would have to say that you could not ask for much more. The weather was great (yep burnt... but only my legs...hmmmm)... The venue was good.....(could have done with putting air, toliets and chrono closer together)...

The fields where as ever good...(what was with the Diablo field.... why was it so far away and the size of two fields... very strange... anyone know... )

The women.... well I know where all the good looking ones are and that is out there in Portugal....

Lets see what you lot think then....

alvaro

Jul 17, 2001
portugal and poland
Visit site
answer

the weather was normal weather in portugal , in summer is more hot and dry.

the location of the air and chrono station was imposed by the manager of the stadium, we couldn´t change them.

the diablo field was very big (85*45 meters), with the maximum obstacles possible. to create longer games and make the teams spend more paint .

alvaro

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
I have one major gripe.....the stall next to the tomahawk field ran out of liptons mango tea:mad:

Apart from that it was a first class setup, fields were varied, good size and above all atmosphere was good........and a tan taboo:D

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
Spend more paint....

Alvaro.....

You seem to be only intrested in making money.... its a sport that we enjoy playing.... why exploit the teams by making a field that had mostly draws on because of its size..... This seems a complete waste of everyones time... not to mention very expensive for teams that are not sponsered with paint....

This will in the end mean that only sponsered teams will be bale to play these events if you intened to carry on with this madness....

eznow

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Spend more paint....

Originally posted by kartmann187
Alvaro.....
You seem to be only intrested in making money.... its a sport that we enjoy playing.... why exploit the teams by making a field that had mostly draws on because of its size..... This seems a complete waste of everyones time... not to mention very expensive for teams that are not sponsered with paint....
This will in the end mean that only sponsered teams will be bale to play these events if you intened to carry on with this madness....
eznow
Kartman, have u ever heard of the word 'irony' ?

D'uh !!!!!

Robbo :)

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
Nothing detremental to say apart from.........two, ( sadly not three ), VERY LONG DAYS OF PAINTBALL!!!!....and the level of public access to the players area was ridiculous!!!

Why the massive overun on time?

Why was there not a secure players area?

Apart from that, thanks to all the teams, marshalls and the tournament organisation for providing an environment that enabled everyone to enjoy themselves.:)

Lastly, a very big thankyou to the staff of the Marriott Hotel.

See you at the Dutch Masters.

Jeff

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
Hotel....

I would have to agree.... The Marriott Hotel is by far the best paintball hotel I have ever stayed in... I think people respected this hotel and there was no mindless damage caused (nothing that I have heard about anyway)....

I hope we are let back in next year.....

See you in Amsterdam
:p

murat

Nov 27, 2001
Istanbul - Turkey
Visit site
Overall, it was a well-run tournament with no major faults, but there were some things that could be better.

- Delaying of games was just sickening especially waiting under that sauna-like player's tent. It was mostly due chrono checks and SupAir obstacles keep deflating very often. It was so bad that I am sure many players/teams got into trouble when they just deflated in the middle of games.

- I personally didn't like to play in that smaller than usual fields. Yes Diablo field was huge but the others were just too small, making getting shot at the break very easy (IMHO, getting shot or shooting someone at the break is just not very fair. I think if pball games start with no one eliminated at the beginning they will be much more exciting...I am open to flames on this)

- Trade show was very weak compared to other tourneys I've been.

- Reffing was mostly fair eventhough we had some bad calls (as everyone:D ) they were not intentional, just misjudgements and lack of timing and response

But as I said earlier it was a good tournament with a great hotel to stay. Thanks to Pedro, Organizers and the crew.

canpap

Mar 7, 2002
Istanbul - Turkey
Visit site
here are some interesting things about the tourney in portugal:

1- Dynasty did not lose one game, they made 16 wins out of 16!!!! They were far far better than any team.

2- GZ were almost about to fail the semis, thanks to Jaguar (french Am) win to Avalanche they made it to semis and and then to finals...

3- All A's were so different comparing to the other tourneys I've watched them, they have finally adapted themselves to 21st century. We played with them, they were playing very aggresively.

4- on saturday, we were to play nations cup at 15:30 but we madew our first match at 18:00!!!

5- on sunday, our last match were at 20:00!!!!!!!!!!!! the delays were nuts

6- there were two main reasons for the delays, one is that especially some bunkers in Angel and Tomahawk field kept on leaking air... the second reason was due to the new rule of checking the guns once again after giving 30 seconds. this is how it goes;

after giving 30 seconds, refs tell players to drop their guns, and chrono at least two/three of them. If you shoot 301 fps for once, you will be penalized and forced to start the game gunless!!
there were some funny moments because of this, I saw a match between Avalanche and Rushers where Av. were forced to start 5 gunned, and Rocky in the middle shaking his hand with a feed tube as it were a gun!!

this is a good security precaution and definitely blocked cheating in guns but the delays were so depressing they may have to find a better way. also if you have shooted 301 fps during the game, you were eliminated.

7- hardcore are to be the next NBK they were flawless.

8- the wheather was so hot it was like desert out there but we get to see two very very nice girls (one blonde one brunette you know them!!) with less clothes

9- during the finals I do not remember which match it was, some guy ran inside the field with goggles on and every cloth off!!!! totally naked and pretend to shoot that was the funniest moment

10- abou the russians, I know they are excellent players but auto guns?? strange... they don't need this, they proved by reaching semis even without two guys. I wonder if there are any other pros involved in this kind of thing.

11- venue was great hotel was excellent marshalling especially on JT field were flawless. except for the delays it was a great tournament.

Thanks again Pedro...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by canpap
here are some interesting things about the tourney in portugal:

2- GZ were almost about to fail the semis, thanks to Jaguar (french Am) win to Avalanche they made it to semis and and then to finals...

10- abou the russians, I know they are excellent players but auto guns?? strange... they don't need this, they proved by reaching semis even without two guys. I wonder if there are any other pros involved in this kind of thing.

Thanks again Pedro...

Point 2, don't forget GZ's failure to beat Backlash was as significant as Jaguar's defeat of Avalanche in that context !!!

Point 10, True they don't need this but please don't think for one minute these guys went on the field with the deliberate intention of running with guns that fired full auto, they did not !!!!!!!!
Many of the guns at this tourney were on the brink, not because of any intent to cheat but because they were so finely tuned.
The Russian Legion are the cleanest team in the World to my knowledge and to infer they deliberately cheated is an insult.

As for thanking Pedro, I think you will find the biggest thanks should not go to Pedro but to Alvaro and Jeff from Diablo for setting the whole thing up.
Without these two, there would have been no Millennium in Portugal !!!!