The Home Of European Paintball

PR indeed

GoatBoy

Come to Goatboy ladies...
Sep 26, 2001
West Sussex
Visit site
Cool

Apologies if I misinterpreted your 1st post. As soon as I play my first tourney and end up looking like the guy in the kit kat advert, I'll send it in :D

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Change the World Nick

You know Nick, with your influence and contacts in the business/media then surely you might be just the man to change the face of Novice paintball....go on...do a little for the small people...

Change the World Nick.....

Manning26

Listen Sid, I'll bet I've read a whole lot more stuff about Escarmouche, and the Cameronians than you've read about any of the teams I've played for. I think the reason the Brits and Europeans get bent out of shape if their teams aren't more in the spotlight is because there are fewer teams over there. I couls ask what has happened to Smart as a Carrot, Smokin' Beagles, the Magpies, or the Librarians, but would you ask what has happened to Irish Brigade, Takedown, K.C. Express, or Green Dragon, probably not. I'm sure you've never even heard of them, because there are so many little American teams running around, they can be together for years, and you'll never even know about it. You guys get better coverage, I admit it make me jealous, and it makes it hard for me to understand your side. If some novice team splits because they aren't getting any coverage, I would have to laugh at them. That just seems flat out ludicrous to me. As far as you guys, Sid, I can see why you guys would deserve coverage. Your one of the extreme few representing Ireland and Scotland, and you're keeping it alive there, that is just awesome. I think it's great I can even chat with you, but I must dissagree on this novice coverage. I think PGI does a good job right now, I enjoy reading about the smaller tourneys, but I'd much rather read about the Millenium Series, or an NPPL event. That, of course, is only my crummy opinion. Take care:) .

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Worldwide Coverage

Manning,

I only used the UK teams as an example, my feelings for more PR for smaller teams is worldwide, I know what you are thinking..JESUS that would take years, well, let it take years and help get the USA, European, South American, Otherside of the World Teams in there with a little mention, even if it is a small one, heres a thing to think about, a guy I know is doing a database of all teams, be nice if PGI did a who is who in Paintball and teams could send in their names, when they started, where they are from, then we could see just how BIG the novice section is in this sport.....think about it, same as the mag they are bringing out on which kit, well, let's talk teams......interesting huh.

Thanks for your words, but if we all beat the jungle drums then things might change.

;)

I agree that there should be more space set aside in the mag for novice teams. but theres alot more novice teams out there than there is pro teams so to even mention them all in 1 year pgi would be more like a phone book than a magasine.

{wow a conversation with big sid where i can actually understand what hes saying}

Manning26

That is pretty cool, but I'd think the turnover rate would be so high with the smaller teams, it would be nearly impossible to keep up. Also, I still don't see the draw for people, why would we care to see more novice coverage? I could really do without the Joe Schmoe page in PGI, I'm sorry, but I really have no interest in those people. Maybe someday I'll see someone I know on that page, and think,"wow, neat," but probably not. I could be very wrong, but I think more people would rather see more coverage of Campaign, than another spread of novice play. Once again, my opinion, thanks Sid.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Best of both Worlds then

Well,

Why not give more coverage to these events and others like in and at least TRY and give Novice teams some credit..come on, we as players should not have to beg for PR, we deserve it the same as the next man, lose some lines on how some PRO team never made the semi's or finals and give the small fish a chance.

And it would look like Yellow Pages I know so many teams come and go but hey, at least give the teams that are around for years a bit of help. Again these are only my thoughts, they are not always right but hey, I'm not a woman!!!

John, what are you trying tae say, u trian tae sa yu cannae understond me....:)

See you soon mate.

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
Thanks for the plug Sid,but the response to my attempt to try to get a data base for teams in the UK is progressing slowly...after all I've only got 2.5 gig ready for this project.

The "Cammo pages" so for covers only the teams in the North of England..and a few others...thanks guys...talking to you ppl has given me a little faith......you know who you are..

If anyone out there would like to try participating in a worldwide data base....e-mail me.Vadagh@hotmail.com

All I'm asking for is a team name ,location,person to contact and a phone/e-mail number..

Maybe this will get ppl to take notice after all are'nt we all supposed to be able to talk to each other??

If this idea can take off I maybe able to talk to a chap in Kansas and ask for his Hopper he has for sale!!.....think on it.....can't be bad.

Thanks for listening......

Mador.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
What a GREAT idea

Manning,

Your the man, make PGI twice as big, brilliant idea ;)

Would give me so much more to read when I'm on the throne :p

So who do you play for mate and do you ever come over to Europe? If we are ever at an event at the same time give me a shout, I'll buy you a beer or 2 mate, don't want you thinking Scottish people are tight now do we? :confused: :confused: