Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pregnancy and Tournaments!!

ChiZZerS

Originally posted by Mak D - Nexus Eclipse
I dont think paintball falls under that category hen when your pregnant! I'm very very sure that if you goto your Doctor and ask if its ok to play a sport where people are shooting balls at you at a speed of over 200mph when you are pregnant he will say NO.

Think about it what if you got hit in the stomach alot of times, would you be chuffed with yourself if the worst happened to the unborn baby, I for sure wouldn t want to be held responsible for the worst happning to a pregnant woman getting shot.

Infact if sum bird walked on the field pregnant wanting to play a game I wouldn t play!

Mak D
:cool:
im with Mack-D man...
what if the worst came to the worst... how bad woyld you feel!

:(

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Robbo
Ya know, it's all well and good having these 'female' type issues discussed in a paintball context but hell, can't we just limit them to :-

1. What's the best way to fill a man's pods up between games.

2. What's the best grub we can muster up for our menfolk as they play.

3.Which is the most relieving area we can massage a man between games, shoulders or lower back ?

4. How best can I wipe his goggles clean and get him ready for the next game?

5. What is the best way to iron his paintball attire, with a crease, or casual?

The list goes on...:)
Don't worry sweetie, as a female i 'know my role' and am subservient once i put my gun down. However, i go one better than your list... i perform items 1 to 4 for ALL of my men (the other 6 of Tsunami ) pre-tourney and between games and then litter pick the staging area and load the van at home time!
As far as 3 is concerned i keep the team massaging confined to achey backs and necks :p
Gup's playing bag contains all the usual plus, team diary, bin liners, pot swabs, team kitchen roll, stain remover spray, team chocolate-at least two each, team isotonic drink (10 litres), team banner, ample supply of spare batteries (for paintball purposes Robbo!) head massager, back massager, painkillers, muscle rub, camera and notebook for team match reports, team deodorant, goggle spray, wet-wipes, toilet paper and sunscreen. I think i've got most of their needs covered and the rest they can get from their Mrs's! ;)

And as far as 5 is concerned... Don't you read your Dye labels? "Non-Iron"... It's my next favourite phrase, after 'Game On'

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Kizzie
Behind every self proclaimed good paintball player is a women pointing and laughing.

Maybe Paintball is for men, but we get such pleasure in taking things from you and ultimately leaving you with the cheap little paintBALLS you rode in with.
Respect Kizzie!! :D You go girl!

Seriously though, I was sorry to read your earlier post and to hear of your miscarriage. Let me just say that I am not pregnant Kizzie, nor am i saying that playing paintball while pregnant is right or wrong. It would have to be an individual's choice based on her own and partners feelings and her doctor's advice. Ultimately it's down to her though.

My reason for originally posting was for debate purposes. It occurred to me that it is fairly likely there may be some women paintballers who would wish to carry on playing paintball for a while whilst pregnant.

As tourney rules stand at the moment there is no provision for padding/protection of the abdomen, which was the original topic.

I think it's good to hear the views of others and i applaud all the guys who have said 'no way' would they step onto a field with a pregnant woman. Cool, Respect to you guys. I wouldn't shoot at a pregnant player either, but i'm sure there are some who would regard her as 'just another opponent'.

So where do we go from here, if anywhere?

1. A ban on pregnant women added to tourney rules?

I can see several problems with that...
(a)How would we enforce it? It wouldn't be obvious until around the 16th week of pregnancy or later in some cases...
(b) What if an overweight female baller was accused of being pregnant? It could happen.
(c) Pregnant players who were determined to play may not admit they were pregnant for fear of comdemnation/ refused entry onto the field and thus take to the field without any abdominal protection.
To address these problems, if a ban was enforced then all female ballers would have to take pre-tourney pregnancy test!

or

2. Allow them to take to the field with adequate abdominal protection?
Problem: half the other team may walk off field and that would surely be exploited.
or

3. Keep our fingers crossed that no pregnant women will want to play paintball?

SWEET N SOUR

ex-female feline
Jul 24, 2003
London
Visit site
pregnant

my personal opinion before this discussion came up was I thought I would stop playing paintball as soon as I knew I was pregnant, but now I think I would wait until a bump started forming, then I would take other exercise, that would be a bit more gentle.

Thats my own opinion. Thanks Guppy for this thread, i think its actually quite an interesting read. :)

L J

big big titties
well its quite simple if you were to ban pregnant players.

to the rules you add that little piece of information. and when we all sign insurance waivers it says that you must have read all rules, if this has not been done then we are not liable. so if a pregnant baller plays, and 6 months later her baby has an eye on the top of their head or some shizzle like that, then its their fault, plain and simple. if i was 10 years older, and had a pregnant partner (awaits insults) then i would take all her playing gear away!

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
I think you'll find LJ that the mother of an unborn child cannot waive her baby's rights to sue on it's own behalf! Or maybe the dad of the child, who didnt sign the waiver would wish to sue... maybe they would have to sue the mother who signed the waiver!! Or maybe they could contest that the waiver was unfair in accordance with the equal opportunities commission or take it to the european court of human rights! (yes, i'm being silly now, but then English Law is, in the main, silly!)

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
So, supposedly, if enough male ballers objected then maybe a pregnant baller might be 'banned'... That's outrageous!!
I think its a given that the majority of Paintballers are male so the chances, for most of us, to have to face a pregnant player would be pretty slim but I do think that if the situation came about, the majority of male Paintballers would refuse to play. Why.....Natural Male Instinct! The natural reaction for a bloke is to protect a female(well, for most of us it is) not to place her in harms way. Thats not so 'outrageous' is it?

Why should a player have to stop playing her favourite sport, if her doctor said it was OK.... just because other 'un-informed' players felt 'uncomfortable'?
Refer above. I don't think any bloke would feel comfortable faced with a situation where the could potentially injure a woman or her unborn child. I don't think "un-informed" comes into the equation. Being un-informed and having respect for a situation where a pregnant female could be injured are two different things.

Isn't that a form of apartheid?
No, not at all but I do think that a pregnant 'baller who continues to play is demonstrating a very selfish attitude and is showing no respect to her fellow male paintballers.

Just my opinion;)

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
I totally agree with you.. i was just instigating debate and encouraging replies with my earlier post!

Just a thought provoker though....Do you think you would have the same reaction if our sport was, say, cricket? Do you think that maybe you feel this way because we are 'shooting' at one another and maybe subconciously the thought of 'shooting' a mother-with-child is 'wrong'?