Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pro vs. Novice Training Techniques

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Just scrimmaging is really just the fun option.
The scrimmage is really only meant to see whether you've picked up on what you've been training that day. So it is good to end a day with a scrimmage, but it should only be a small part of the training session, like a quick test at school, halfway through the semester. The tourney would than be the final exams, where you find out if you have taken onboard all that you've practiced.

Yeah, I have trained and coached people both in a work environment, and in sports......:D

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Varies from player 2 player Inferno

Originally posted by TJ 2
Robo advocates spending as much time as possible on your personal technique: playing tight; watching your profile, snap-shooting...getting the basics perfected.

Me, I say work on your weaknesses 'til you don't have any, then try and raise your whole game. Too many players are good at say, snap-shooting, so that's all they practise cos they don't wanna analyse themselves, honestly asses their weaknesses and then work on 'em, cos it's the harder path to take and most people are basically pretty lazy.

To be honest though, most of the top guys that I know don't apply a lot of science to their training, they just scrimmage.

peace
Yeah, if figured alot of people wouldn't apply much science to the training. I know I don't at the moment. Once I get off my lazy ass though, I'll go PRO :rolleyes:

Micah

I see said the blind man ...

yeah ... So if one can only Scrimmage ... as that's all those around him are willing to do ... what should one do? I may self am in this spot, so what I do (not to say that this is right or anything) I go into each day or game even ... with a focus, wether it be snap shooting, playing tight or just actually aiming ... I think I play a techniclly sound game I mean hell I play on Ironmen right ... Oh wait ... that's not me ... I was confused for a minute ... but seriously tho ... My trouble is that I dont really have people that I can talk to after the game to say "you should of done this" or "you do this well" I know I play tight because I almost never get shot out while shooting it out with people and when I do I get hit in the gun hands hopper or mask. ... or I get hit when I'm running ... But that's usually me just being a dumb ass.

I think my real problem at the moment is communication ... Could it be because I rarely play with the same people? Or simply the fact that I don't like the sound of my own voice? The world may never know ... But I think that is my real weakness at the moment. That and I don't really make game breaking moves often enough because I play so tight it takes a crowbar to pry me from my cover ... I need to work on cracking games open ... but ... as has been said in many an article ... you can't really train for that ... you either have it at that specific moment or you don't ... I just need to work on listining to that little voice in my head that says, "go now!"

I can't think of a way to get my self to communicte other than just reminding myself before each game ... Anyone know anything better than that?

TJ, Flashpoint will be at the LA Open right?

uh ... this concluds our broadcast day ... yeah ...

-Micah

Ice-Child

Mar 5, 2002
Southern IL.
Visit site
You are all correct in a sense

I play on a three man team. We are working on our third year together. Have played in about 25 or so tourney's. And to give us a pat on the back, Pretty Damn good I might add. When we pratice we do a little of everything. Play entire games working on a certain subject. Snap Shots for one. Seems to work for us. We pratice our way for most of the day. Then towards the end of the day we take on open play or a group at the local field. That way we are out numbered and have to play harder. If we get screwed up and something goes wrong. We talk about it and play them again. Biggest thing to have as a team is communication. If your team cant then its all over. Your team mates need to know whats going on on the field just like you do. If he cant tell you then the guy that is waiting on you to stick your head out is going to nail you. Count on it. Work out some sort of lingo that only your team will understand. That way you dont get confused when you hear the other team yelling. Nicknames work well also. Calling one guy on your team whos name is Dave. And then you play a team that has a Dave makes it confusing sometimes. We have used nicknames since like our second tourney. Found that one out first game of the first tourney.