Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Protein Bars...Training Supplements

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Not necessarily sensitivity speaking mate. :)

It might be the time of day, or just the fact its monday morning but i missed the joke. So i can see how my post would seem a bit sensitive.

Although, was it a joke in general or just a joke aimed at me? As there is some truth hidden in that joke :)
'Many a true word is said in jest' as you imply but not in this case, you got targetted merely because you post a lot and not because I think you have indulged in pseudo-intellectualism ..... in this thread at least....... :)

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
'Many a true word is said in jest' as you imply but not in this case, you got targetted merely because you post a lot and not because I think you have indulged in pseudo-intellectualism ..... in this thread at least....... :)

Story of my life ;)

Altho out of a matter of interest. Are "supplements" still a part of your training regime? If so, do you mind me asking what?

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
My recomendation

Hi Guys,

I know their has been a lot of wisdom posted but I thought I would post my 2p's worth.

Quick background on me. Long term partner is a fitness instructor, couple of close freinds are personal trainers, my cousin runs a football team where I help with training, and I run two indoor football games a week whereas nearly being 40 I still keep up and sometimes out-run the 18 year olds. Playing paintball (mainly walk-ons) I am almost always the frontman cos of my speed.

For pball training, I would recomend that most of your training be concentrated in putting some strength and stamina into your legs and core (back and abs).

If all you have available is the gym then rowing should be your no.1 priority this will give strength / stamina over your whole body. In your gym session you should include a good quantity of core work (abs and back), and some upper body training. Also do some road pounding, or if you have available to you a local park or some feilds go cross country running, varying your pace.

If you can go football training, go do that. The shuttle runs and the practice game will increase your stamina and strength in your legs, and make you able to super sprint to those bunkers and stop quickly.

Always however take time from your week to do at least two good sessions of core work to strengthen and protect your back.

As for protein and stuff. Although it is good to have a protein hit after a work out, if you are serious about your training you should generally have increased protein in your diet. If your working out enough, training for pball enough, then your body will be asking for an increased amount of protein generally and so you should give it what it wants.

Would recomend a protein powder for that quick easily digestable hit. Two scoops in a half milk / half water will give you about 35g of protein. Holland and Barret currently have a deal at £9.99 for a tub.

Also, how much protein per day? If your training hard. Weight in kgs x 1.2 = protein in grammes.

Also reduce fat, sugar, processed foods, e-numbers, and such forth.

Hope helpful.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Story of my life ;)

Altho out of a matter of interest. Are "supplements" still a part of your training regime? If so, do you mind me asking what?

I make sure I take multivits, a selection of Omega 3's, glucosamine, aspirin, and protein drinks (maybe one or two a day), and that's about it really.
I obviously eat outside of that and generally my diet ain't that good in this respect but it seems to work for me.
I'm not a boozer and I don't smoke.
I now only train twice a week with weights (about 90 mins each time); I don't really do any CV but I still train once a week (generally for 2 hours) kick-boxing and so that is the extent of my schedule..nothing too strenuous really, well it can't be at my age:)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Why the rowing machine to warm up?
Have you been shown how to row properly?

Check out the following: http://www.concept2.co.uk/training/technique.php#tog1 so i don't lie awake at night worrying that you're rowing like a gym bunny.

Cheers,

Stan
LOL ..Gym Bunny ,I like that,sounds like a euphemism ...

I dont deny I could be wrong here but .

1. I hate the rowing machine so like to get it out the way ..

2. It was suggested (I read) that a short cardio session before Weight training was advisable and the rowing machine seemed to exercise and warm up all the right parts ,I do 2000m and I take it easy on this, start slow to faster for the last 500m it seems to get the heart going and I feel ready for the weights after i've done it.

I think im using the correct techique although the cotton tail does have a tendancy to get in the way ;)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
LOL ..Gym Bunny ,I like that,sounds like a euphemism ...

I dont deny I could be wrong here but .

1. I hate the rowing machine so like to get it out the way ..

2. It was suggested (I read) that a short cardio session before Weight training was advisable and the rowing machine seemed to exercise and warm up all the right parts ,I do 2000m and I take it easy on this, start slow to faster for the last 500m it seems to get the heart going and I feel ready for the weights after i've done it.

I think im using the correct techique although the cotton tail does have a tendancy to get in the way ;)
2 is correct and 1 is fair enough...

Gym bunnies can be anything from the 40kg 6' tall 25 year old female who's convinced she's fat to the 46 year old male wearing lycra stretched over his beer belly and rowing on the ergo with his head between his legs. It can also refer to the fitty on the cross trainer who looks like she can... :rolleyes:

Anyway. If you're going to row as a warm up, sounds like you're approaching it right (slow<fast) but try and get a vague sense of technique to prevent injury and so that i don't have bad dreams. Roughly, Legs = 70%, trunk = 20% and arms = 10% of the effort involved in the stroke. :)

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
I've been advised that working the leg muscles hard for a short period of time before a workout, releases testosterone (spelling?) into your system, allowing for harder training and better recovery ultimately leading to better results.

So as well as a warmup, hence why I row like a buggar for 1500 to 2500 metres depending on my mood before a workout, plus the rowing helps add a bit of strength in my back and legs in the long run.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Crikey, you don't access a thread for a few hours and all hell breaks loose.

This is going to need quite a long answer, so I will do it when I get home from work. Probably about 6ish.