Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto PMR or SLG 09?

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
just ordered ourselves an SLG UL for the crazy price of just over 100 quid. cant grumble at that price.

thanks for the heads up durajim.

the way i look at it is this is our first marker, so if we need to upgrade in a few months time....we have only spent hundred quid on it and it can be kept as a spare/training marker.

thanks all
No problem, it's a great marker, and an amazing first marker, hope you have fun with it :)

No one has said anything about the I4s yet, they're great goggles and they come with a thermal lens as standard, I prefer the i3s though, simply because they cover a bit more of my neck

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
I will second what Jnr has already said mate, the dye rotor is the way to go. Had mine for 5 months and would never use anything else. :D

As the the i4's, i would strongly recommend trying a set on before parting with your hard earned, i personally love the design and would buy a pair tomorrow if i didn't have such a big head. :rolleyes:

JNR-XV

www.ratz-paintball.co.uk
May 7, 2007
Basingstoke
www.ratz-paintball.co.uk
The thing with the i4's is they have such a small profile around the face, that when you are shouting you leave your bottom teeth completley exposed to paint... (could be quite nasty)..

Apparently i have heard though thr rumor mill that they are making a larger face plate for them, as soon as this happens (if its the case) then i will have mine ordered.. Awesome goggles...

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
Ive got the I4s in white, I have a fairly long and thin face and it covers my face pretty well. Nothing on forehead/neck though. Hope I dont get hit there!

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Good choice on the SLG, I have the 08 and it's a fantastic starter gun. And yours has all the nifty little extras that mine doesn't
;)

The i4s are brilliant masks, but they are small. The rumor mill has been running a while about dye releasing masks with a bit of a larger frame to account for people with big heads (moi? :cool:)

That being said, DO have a look around at the alternatives. You may find that you can find a very comfortable, quality mask for a bit cheaper. Don't always jump at the first choice.

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
Good choice on the SLG, I have the 08 and it's a fantastic starter gun. And yours has all the nifty little extras that mine doesn't
;)

The i4s are brilliant masks, but they are small. The rumor mill has been running a while about dye releasing masks with a bit of a larger frame to account for people with big heads (moi? :cool:)

That being said, DO have a look around at the alternatives. You may find that you can find a very comfortable, quality mask for a bit cheaper. Don't always jump at the first choice.
Profilers are top notch too, love those goggles, tried a pair on for a game a few weeks back, I think they will be my next set of goggles, my i3s are falling apart ;)

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Ideally, get down to a shop or site so you can try on the options
;)
You'll get people recommending everything non-stop here.

V-force (Grillz or Profilers)
E-vents
Jt Flex 7/8/revolutions
Dye i4
The new proto (I forgot the name)

These are all top quality masks, all varying in price and comfort.
If you have any questions about 'em, I have 'Vents, Flex 7 and revolutions, and I've got a mate with grillz
;)